Putting Green and Hands-On Cooking Classes

katz

What are they like on Marina and Riviera? I told my husband, who is an avid golfer, about the putting green and he just smiled. Would someone who really enjoys the game find the green to be worthwhile?

It is too early for us to find out anything about the cooking classes on our June '12 cruise. I would like to know what the class is like. Do they fill up quickly? How many times are they offered? Do you book the class like an excursion?

Thanks for your help,

Kathy

It is too early for us to find out anything about the cooking classes on our June '12 cruise. I would like to know what the class is like. Do they fill up quickly? How many times are they offered? Do you book the class like an excursion?

Thanks for your help,

Kathy

I guess it depends on what they are offering ...we still had openings for some of the classes on our Panama trip

They offer them a couple of times a day (different sessions)

Yes you can book like excursions just go to the Already BOOKED tab on O website

You can check the current offerings

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina/lifestyle/bonappetit.aspx

They could change

The putting greens are more putt-putt golf style, so it depends on just how addicted to golf he is, I guess.

The cooking classes are interesting and fun, but don't expect Culinary School. After all, you are on vacation. And it's a good idea to book as soon as you can, as many classes do fill before sailing. You have up until 36 hours before class to cancel, if you decide you don't want to do the class. But beware, your credit card IS charged at the time of booking, although obviously if you cancel you do get your charge removed (I believe they convert it to onboard credit, but don't quote me on that)

The putting course does have obstacles and "rough," and is laid out so that each hole is different. My wife and I and friends had fun on the putting course, playing a "tournament." My wife somehow made six holes in one the first time. There is also a driving cage, which your husband might enjoy more.

My wife and I had fun making paella. They repeated the course at half-price when we ended up with an extra day at sea. Nice facility.

What are they like on Marina and Riviera? I told my husband, who is an avid golfer, about the putting green and he just smiled. Would someone who really enjoys the game find the green to be worthwhile?

Thanks for your help,

Kathy

We took a few classes on sea days with Chef Kelly from the CIA in Califrnia. They were very well done in a very well equipped culinary classroom. All the skills and techniques were very transferable to home cooking. There were people not registered that audited the class seated on a few stools on the side of the room. Chef Kelly was a very good instructor for the mixed level in our classes. We felt that the cases we took were very worthwhile.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and description. Now, we just have to wait until next June. The good part of booking early is getting the cabin we want, the bad part is having to wait!!!

Archived