Silly Cruise Questions

ryansmemom

Someone over on the RCI board started a thread about the silly cruise questions and comments people hear on and off ships. I know it's been done before. However, it's been a while and there are some newbies and maybe some veterans who may enjoy it.

I'll start:

My mother used to worry about me climbing up the side of the ship to get to the top deck. She pictured me scaling up the side on rope ladders ala old WWII movies.

We were on the Rotterdam last year and heard a woman ask if HAL used food dye to color the water that particular shade of blue. (Chimera alluded to that fact as a joke when we were on the tender leaving HMC and apparently the he started something)

We heard that on an Alaska cruise someone complained of becoming ill because of the change in altitude as they traveled further north.

Does anyone have any other interesting tidbits to add?

Linda

The Rorrerdam VI transatlantic last summer was the foggiest cruise we have ever been on. More than halfway through the cruise a man in the Crow's Nest said very loudly that

he couldn't understand the Captain's lack of consideration in "blowing the damn horn so often and wondered if the captain was whistle-happy"

Can you imagine anyone not realizing the purpose of a fog horn?

GN

Boneheads are also getting off in port with their questions too.

We were at a beach bar in Cozumel and a woman bought a pepsi and received peso's in change... She asked these aren't quarters! what will I do with them?

(she put them in her purse anyway):eek:

I just love all of these! Every time I read them I wind up laughing and practically rolling on the floor. I just knew you guys would come up with some new ones along with the oldies but goodies that I never tire of hearing.

Keep up the good work!

Linda

Archived