How much are photos?

RBCL

It also depends....

Is the picture a formal picture? or is it a candid shot taken around the ship, in the dining room, or at port?

The formal pictures are the more pricey ones. And most of those are only available in 8x10.

As much as I say every cruise "I am NOT going to spend money on pictures!", there are always a few each cruise that I cannot resist!

Catrin

I'm not quite sure how Carnival works or their prices but I've been on 3 different lines and they've all pretty much ran the same way.

The 8x10's were $19.99 (these were the embarkation photos, formal night photos and some others were 8x10)

Then the 6x8's were $9.99 (these were the ones taken at dinner, around the ship, at the private islands, at the photo op taken right after getting off the ship at port, etc)

I'm not sure which line it was that I was on, but I do know that I've done "packages" before. X-amount of 8x10's and X-amount of 6x8's for X-amount of $$$ (don't remember what the package was or how much it was though) HTH

1st cruise we onmly bought one picture of dd. This cruise I want to buy a nice family photo on elegant night and maybe another picture. We dont take lot of pictures so this is one way to get recent pictures of us dressed up-lol! I would like to know about the picture packages that some of you have gotten in the past

Last week the 8 x 10s were $ 21.99' date=' 9x6 were $19.99 and 5x7 were $11.99. If you bought 2 of the same photo the second was $2 cheaper. All prices have tax added to them[/quote']

If your out at sea theres no sales tax right or am I wrong?

Last week the 8 x 10s were $ 21.99' date=' 9x6 were $19.99 and 5x7 were $11.99. If you bought 2 of the same photo the second was $2 cheaper. All prices have tax added to them[/quote']

Anyone who has been forced to buy a "package" from OlanMi or a department store for $400-$1000 will appreciate that the photos you don't want--you aren't forced to buy. We spent a fortune in the past to get a decent "family photo" or "4 generation photo". I've had many nicer ones taken on board ship and I consider the $50 or so I spend a fantastic souvenir and priceworthy.

I usually end up with 3-4 photos each trip. Most of my best ones are the cheapest--getting off the ship in port. I am usually laughing as I go off to my adventure.

1st cruise we onmly bought one picture of dd. This cruise I want to buy a nice family photo on elegant night and maybe another picture. We dont take lot of pictures so this is one way to get recent pictures of us dressed up-lol! I would like to know about the picture packages that some of you have gotten in the past

- Last year (2010) my wife and I were on the NCL Epic, they had a photo package for approx. $250.00. It was covered all on board pictures and at the gang ways at each port. We had purchased the package for the week we were on - for all the photos that were taken during that week we saved about $600.

- We found the individual prices the cruise line ( Photo Vender's) charge is a bit much, if they are able to provide a simular photo package on all the cruise lines - I'm sure they will find that a lot more cruiser's might be interested in purchasing it.

( this is just my opinion )

- Last year (2010) my wife and I were on the NCL Epic, they had a photo package for approx. $250.00. It was covered all on board pictures and at the gang ways at each port. We had purchased the package for the week we were on - for all the photos that were taken during that week we saved about $600.

- We found the individual prices the cruise line ( Photo Vender's) charge is a bit much, if they are able to provide a simular photo package on all the cruise lines - I'm sure they will find that a lot more cruiser's might be interested in purchasing it.

( this is just my opinion )

celebrity had this in march. It was great! For $199 you got a CD with all the original shots and the edited versions. For an add'l $50 you got all the printed copies. We had lots of fun getting our pix done every night and at all the ports. The photogs, knowing we'd pre-paid, took lots of shots and tried a bunch of stuff they wouldn't normally have. I wish cccl would do this also. I think a LOT of people would do it.

Here's one of my fav's:

164902.jpg

celebrity had this in march. It was great! For $199 you got a CD with all the original shots and the edited versions. For an add'l $50 you got all the printed copies. We had lots of fun getting our pix done every night and at all the ports. The photogs, knowing we'd pre-paid, took lots of shots and tried a bunch of stuff they wouldn't normally have. I wish cccl would do this also. I think a LOT of people would do it.

Here's one of my fav's:

164902.jpg

That is the cutest pic! DH & I have NO pics together after almost 20 yrs of marriage so we will probably buy one.

Just remember, you are not paying a sitting fee so to me $21.99 isn't a bad price. I just wish we could get better deals for buying so many pictures in a week's time. The quick, thrown together shots on the gangway are a bit steep in my book. Yes, I am a photographer and am constantly checking out other photographers' prices. :rolleyes:

Archived