Coffee mugs and the Neptune Lounge

dpump

Is it doable (and appropriate) to take a mug into the Neptune Lounge for coffee to bring back to our room? We're from Seattle and those little cups just don't cut it for us. We have a one cupper I've brought previously to use in our cabin, but since we are in 7075 and close to the Neptune, thought we'd go that route.

I can't see any problem with that. We took our large insulated mugs into the Neptune and filled them with coffee for glacier viewing in Alaska and we saw others doing it too.

The over-riding attitude in the Neptune is that the concierges will do anything they can to make the experience for the suite guests the best it can possibly be. I'm sure that will include being entirely happy about you filling your mug with coffee!

I can't see any problem with that. We took our large insulated mugs into the Neptune and filled them with coffee for glacier viewing in Alaska and we saw others doing it too.

The over-riding attitude in the Neptune is that the concierges will do anything they can to make the experience for the suite guests the best it can possibly be. I'm sure that will include being entirely happy about you filling your mug with coffee!

I'm in complete agreement. I've even seen people in their pajamas in the NL...I can't imagine an oversized coffee cup even being noticed! BTW I'm not advocating pajamas in public. :D

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Absolutely, we did it last year and plan on doing it again this year. I need my big mug of coffee in the morning and the regular ship coffee is horrible. Those capuccinos are great.

I'm in complete agreement. I've even seen people in their pajamas in the NL...I can't imagine an oversized coffee cup even being noticed! BTW I'm not advocating pajamas in public. :D

Ok, so there's post after post about dress around the ship on formal nights but it's Ok to run around in your jammies? What the .............

Ok, so there's post after post about dress around the ship on formal nights but it's Ok to run around in your jammies? What the .............

I'm sorry, it was my evil twin that posted about pajamas in the Neptune Lounge (there are actually posts and posts about that too). While it's true, it just goes to show you not to take the clothing threads too seriously.

BTW on our first HAL cruise one of the men at the table beside us in the MDR on formal night was wearing his bathrobe and a staw hat. I'm guessing he must have lost a bet. But we were all having so much fun chatting that I didn't even notice him until we were leaving, and during dining not a person at our 8 top even mentioned it. I'm afraid we're in danger of hijacking this thread, my intention was really just to point out that there in no need to be concerned with which coffee cup is acceptable in the Neptune Lounge

I'm sorry, it was my evil twin that posted about pajamas in the Neptune Lounge (there are actually posts and posts about that too). While it's true, it just goes to show you not to take the clothing threads too seriously.

BTW on our first HAL cruise one of the men at the table beside us in the MDR on formal night was wearing his bathrobe and a staw hat. I'm guessing he must have lost a bet. But we were all having so much fun chatting that I didn't even notice him until we were leaving, and during dining not a person at our 8 top even mentioned it. I'm afraid we're in danger of hijacking this thread, my intention was really just to point out that there in no need to be concerned with which coffee cup is acceptable in the Neptune Lounge

Noticed you're from Portland. What airline do you use flying to Florida? We're doing our own air and all I can come up with is Delta and American. We avoid Delta as much as possible. Trying to avoid the northern routes since we're flying in January. (Now I've really highjacked this post)

Don't worry about highjacking your own thread -- you can do whatever you want to -- it's your thread!!

Enjoy!!

In that case...We've used a Delta flight that isn't a non-stop, but it's the same plane all the way to Miami. I think it stops in Atlanta which isn't too bad. Using American we transfer in Dallas, again to Miami. We use frequent flier miles to upgrade and haven't been able to work anything out going to Ft. Lauderdale. Transfering to the pier has been under $100, and for us, worth the more gentle trip.

Thanks. We've got the miles and companion tickets, but no flights. Think we're going to have to go the cold hard cash route. Am considering direct to Miami but not sure about getting from Miami to Fll. Mulling over whether it's worth the hassle.

Archived