Waimea Canyon Drive and Kokee Road?

tg1974

As the other post said dead end. But make sure that when you get to the end you really are at the end. There is a pretty bad paved portion at the end that you take on a long kick back to the very very top, well worth it.

If you can get out bright and early, the road and limited parking at the various stops get clogged up, well worth it IMHO to do it early.

DW and I are planning to visit Waimea Canyon while in Kauai.

I'm wondering if this is a thru road or drive in and back out on the same road?

Tim

936144132_260_KalalauValley.jpg.c64cc9fad468b59691d6066f7bf4d2a3.jpg

This area is also sometimes fogged in, if a priority to go there, then plan on doing so the first day, and return if necessary. My last trip in Feb. had no viewing the first day and only about an hour on the second. The fog actually rolled in while I was there, and was completely covered by time we left.

As the other post said dead end. But make sure that when you get to the end you really are at the end. There is a pretty bad paved portion at the end that you take on a long kick back to the very very top, well worth it.

If you can get out bright and early, the road and limited parking at the various stops get clogged up, well worth it IMHO to do it early.

About how long does it take to drive to the canyon?

Does anyone know if you can drive there in the morning and see stuff and then make it to the Princeville area for a zipline tour early in the afternoon? I think it is at 1pm. Also...we would have to get a rental car first thing that morning so wouldn't get started until between 8:30-9:00am. There is just too much that I want to do on all the islands and not enough time. Ugh. Thanks!

NOPE I wouldn't recommend this. You really want a full 1/2 day, getting back to Princeville is all the way around the other side of the island almost.

Does anyone know if you can drive there in the morning and see stuff and then make it to the Princeville area for a zipline tour early in the afternoon? I think it is at 1pm. Also...we would have to get a rental car first thing that morning so wouldn't get started until between 8:30-9:00am. There is just too much that I want to do on all the islands and not enough time. Ugh. Thanks!

NOPE I wouldn't recommend this. You really want a full 1/2 day, getting back to Princeville is all the way around the other side of the island almost.

We really want to do the zipline tour because it sounds like fun. Can anyone recommend something in the Princeville area to do for half day? We haven't booked the zipline yet but we can either do it in the morning or the afternoon.

Archived