Tenerife - first trip, what to see?

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to driving around the island in an itty-bitty car with a stick shift. :D

I drive this itty-bitty car with stick shift every day! ;)

By the way, we'll also drive around and visit the Teide on 29th of Nov..

I drive this itty-bitty car with stick shift every day! ;)

By the way, we'll also drive around and visit the Teide on 29th of Nov..

It must be a very nice car then! Will you be so kind as to report back and tell us how your day on the island turns out? I will take notes. :)

Hank, just an update. We're in Tenerife on the 19th of February, which is a Sunday. We filled in a reservation form with Cicar and it went through. We're getting an Opel Corsa for 38.50 euros for the day. We're picking it up at Muelle Ribera; did we choose the right office? I sent a note to Cicar letting them know that we're coming by way of cruise ship.

We rented the car from them in 2007 and as I recall it was on the 2nd floor of a building right at the port area. We went up and go our keys and were gone in 15 minutes. DW reminds me they had told us they would be closed when we returned but to just drop the keys through a slot in the door...but it turned out the office was actually open on our return. Its nice to know they are willing to open on Sundays when a ship is in port. This would not happen in Italy or France :)

Hank

Yeah, I Google mapped those locations. Puerto de la Cruz is *NOT* in the Santa Cruz de Tenerife port. Tenerife is in the northeast, Puerto de la Cruz is across the island in the northwest. Yes, it looks like the Muelle Ribera office is right there in the actual Tenerife port. Thanks to this thread, I made a quick and easy 40 Euro reservation. No credit card required, and the cheapest was actually 38 Euro.

Have a good trip. Come back and let us know how the car hire went

Alex

Wayfairers, my husband & I just returned from our LOS TA and visited Santa Cruz and La Palma. We totally enjoyed on the ship tour, the Northern Island Paneramic and North Shore. During the North Shore tour, the bus driver was amazing navigating the steep highway into the mountains and the scenery was beautiful. many enjoyed the free time in La Palma after the tour and it was an easy walk back to our ship.

2399550360104352365S600x600Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...
Yes, it's very nice indeed, but consider taking a light sweater or coat if you're going to the very top.

Thanks for the video! We were there only once on a flight that just stopped to pick up a few passengers enroute from Madrid to San Juan, Puerto Rico. From the air it looked brown and uninhabited until you could see the towns by the sea. We saw no snow since it was summer.

Archived