Cabo pub crawl...

xbatt8

Does anyone know of an organized pub crawl in Cabo? Or even a list of pubs close to each other that would make a good crawl? Am thinking this might be a fun way to spend a day in Cabo.

Bob

Cabo is very small and all of the clubs are located within a few short blocks of each other. However most of them do not open or at least get going until night.

Most of the action is at the beach bars during the day.

Cabo is very small and all of the clubs are located within a few short blocks of each other. However most of them do not open or at least get going until night.

Most of the action is at the beach bars during the day.

Good to know, thanks.

Are there any beaches near the dock where there are multiple bars? It would give me the feeling of a pub crawl rather then just parking my self in one bar for the whole day.

Thanks again for the response.

Bob

For a short walk, you can get to RIPS (behind the Wabo) home of the "rainbow shots". located in a great spot in a little mercado to find cigars, souveniers and taco's (TACO LOCO). on the way are several smaller bars including "the worlds smallest bar" SIMS ELBOW ROOM and a few others usually with 2 for one specials all day.

We also recommend Happy Endings as well as Monkey Business (a couple of blocks from each other). I believe they open around 11.....:)

Love Monkey Business! Victor, the main bartender is so fun and then make everything from scratch. Great place to go during the day as it is a small open air bar not a club. Happy Endings is fun at night but very quiet during the day. I do believe they have the cheapest drinks in Cabo though and their crew is awesome.

You can't forget The Giggling Marlin. Even though it is quiet during the day, you have to get strapped into a marlin hook and get hung upside down to be given your shot. Excellent photo op. They even have a discaimer on the wall that reads; Don't blame us if you're not well hung" and a rail so when you dance on the bar you won't fall off.

You can't forget The Giggling Marlin. Even though it is quiet during the day, you have to get strapped into a marlin hook and get hung upside down to be given your shot. Excellent photo op. They even have a discaimer on the wall that reads; Don't blame us if you're not well hung" and a rail so when you dance on the bar you won't fall off.

Now THIS sounds like a place I would enjoy. Unfortunately it also sounds like a place that doesn't get going til I am back on the ship.... :(

This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thank you to all who have posted. I will be sure to take notes and try all of the places mentioned.

2 days in Cabo is a lot to fill, so why not fill it with drink, food, and music....

Bob

Okay, here's a great pub crawl (IMHO)

Get off the tender and stay on the marina walk past Solomon's to the pedestrian alley just past the No Worry's Bar, turn left. Be careful of the ramp, it can be slippery. You will come out on Marina Blvd. Cross Marina Blvd and walk up Vincente Guerrero about a 1 1/2 blocks to Cabo Wabo. They have an outside bar at the front door or you can sit inside. The other comments are correct, nothing happens here until evening but at least you can say you had a drink there. Go out the back door (ask someone how to get there, you have to go up stairs and then down stairs) to a little plaza and have a drink at Rip's Bar. Good food at Taco Loco (next to Rip's). When finished here, walk out past Taco Loco and the cigar store and turn right (you're on Marina Blvd now), walk about 200 ft and there's Slim's Elbow Room (don't blink or you'll miss it), when you're done there go out and turn left and re trace steps toward Taco Loco/Rip's but stay on Marina about 200 ft past Giggling Marlin and you'll come to Monkey Business Bar (bar is actually in a small plaza that you have to walk in to). Open air bar with about a dozen or so stools and THE BEST margarita's.

OR, if you want the beach thing, hire a water taxi to Medano Beach (water taxis are all along the marina walk), Baja Cantina at Medano, Billygan's, The Office, Mango Deck (all in a row) and Tabasco's (further down the beach). There are water taxis the will bring you back near the tender pier. You can add a little excursion for a few extra bucks which can includes Lover's Beach, seal's on the rock, land's end, arch, divorce beach, drinking dinosaur and Scooby Doo rock formations.

My wife wanted me to add that her favorite bartender at Monkey Business is David...makes great drinks also. Last time we were there (April) he worked during the day and Victor came in later in the afternoon.

Either one of the pub crawls that "MilVet" mentioned would be great...depends on whether one likes the beach or town...

My wife wanted me to add that her favorite bartender at Monkey Business is David...makes great drinks also. Last time we were there (April) he worked during the day and Victor came in later in the afternoon.

Either one of the pub crawls that "MilVet" mentioned would be great...depends on whether one likes the beach or town...

My DW likes David also (he of the 49'ers cap). We were there in April and David started giving her shooters. Guess it was 'cause we brought along 4 new customers who are now Monkey Business fans. Next time you're there, go around the corner (over your left shoulder) for a pretty good massage.

Okay, here's a great pub crawl (IMHO)

Get off the tender and stay on the marina walk past Solomon's to the pedestrian alley just past the No Worry's Bar, turn left. Be careful of the ramp, it can be slippery. You will come out on Marina Blvd. Cross Marina Blvd and walk up Vincente Guerrero about a 1 1/2 blocks to Cabo Wabo. They have an outside bar at the front door or you can sit inside. The other comments are correct, nothing happens here until evening but at least you can say you had a drink there. Go out the back door (ask someone how to get there, you have to go up stairs and then down stairs) to a little plaza and have a drink at Rip's Bar. Good food at Taco Loco (next to Rip's). When finished here, walk out past Taco Loco and the cigar store and turn right (you're on Marina Blvd now), walk about 200 ft and there's Slim's Elbow Room (don't blink or you'll miss it), when you're done there go out and turn left and re trace steps toward Taco Loco/Rip's but stay on Marina about 200 ft past Giggling Marlin and you'll come to Monkey Business Bar (bar is actually in a small plaza that you have to walk in to). Open air bar with about a dozen or so stools and THE BEST margarita's.

OR, if you want the beach thing, hire a water taxi to Medano Beach (water taxis are all along the marina walk), Baja Cantina at Medano, Billygan's, The Office, Mango Deck (all in a row) and Tabasco's (further down the beach). There are water taxis the will bring you back near the tender pier. You can add a little excursion for a few extra bucks which can includes Lover's Beach, seal's on the rock, land's end, arch, divorce beach, drinking dinosaur and Scooby Doo rock formations.

Milvet, could you be a little more specific........ :D

Don't think I'm not writing this stuff down. This is gonna be the best pub crawl ever. And it sounds like I need to emphasize the word CRAWL.....

Thanks again,

Bob

My DW likes David also (he of the 49'ers cap). We were there in April and David started giving her shooters. Guess it was 'cause we brought along 4 new customers who are now Monkey Business fans. Next time you're there, go around the corner (over your left shoulder) for a pretty good massage.

We were in Cabo from 3/28/10 to 4/12...stopped by Monkey Business almost everyday...maybe we saw you there??? We have seen the massage place, maybe next time we'll go???

xbatt8 - if you make it to Monkey Business, tell the bartender (either David or Victor) that their Michigan friends (Gary, Bobbie, Cindy and Mike) said HI......

Ah...but no one has mentioned Captain Tony's. Wander down the Marina (down from the Dolphins). In my opinion the very best "people watching" cantina in town. No timeshare salespeople, and ice cold Sol (my favorite beer!) (Darned good pizza, too!)

Two doors down from that is Wamongo, another great place to drink cold beer while watching the cruise ship people scurry about.

After that, wander past Tesoro (Wyndham), turn left to the main drag, and then right to Cabo Cantina (cold beer there, too), then across the street to Slim's Elbow bar (be prepared to be underwhelmed), and right behind Slim's, is Rip's Bar (you have to at least witness the rainbow shots.) Have a great Taco at Taco Lobo while watching the magicians at Rips produce the rainbow shots.

Did you notice the hard lean towards "cold beer"?

All those places will serve you other drinks, too, but....

Ah...but no one has mentioned Captain Tony's. Wander down the Marina (down from the Dolphins). In my opinion the very best "people watching" cantina in town. No timeshare salespeople, and ice cold Sol (my favorite beer!) (Darned good pizza, too!)

Two doors down from that is Wamongo, another great place to drink cold beer while watching the cruise ship people scurry about.

After that, wander past Tesoro (Wyndham), turn left to the main drag, and then right to Cabo Cantina (cold beer there, too), then across the street to Slim's Elbow bar (be prepared to be underwhelmed), and right behind Slim's, is Rip's Bar (you have to at least witness the rainbow shots.) Have a great Taco at Taco Lobo while watching the magicians at Rips produce the rainbow shots.

Did you notice the hard lean towards "cold beer"?

All those places will serve you other drinks, too, but....

Never been to Tony's but the Marina "boardwalk" is a great place for people watching, especially all the folks who are drinkers with a cruising problem ;).

Milvet, could you be a little more specific........ :D

Don't think I'm not writing this stuff down. This is gonna be the best pub crawl ever. And it sounds like I need to emphasize the word CRAWL.....

Thanks again,

Bob

Here's some more specifics. Zoom in on this a bit and you can print and make a mosaic of the whole area. All the "key" places are highlighted.

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=22.8826596&lon=-109.9092221&z=16&l=0&m=b

• 2 weeks later...

Archived