formal nights dress advice?

spursdebs

on formal nights is it long dresses or shorter cocktail dresses or both? or something completely different? i don't mind which just looking for an excuse to buy a couple of fabulous long dresses thats all!

thanks debs

on formal nights is it long dresses or shorter cocktail dresses or both? or something completely different? i don't mind which just looking for an excuse to buy a couple of fabulous long dresses thats all!

thanks debs

Hi,

I think either would be fine - whatever takes your fancy!

Jim

thanks, Ive got short cocktails dresses but fancy buying a couple of lovely long ones as don't have any opportunity to wear them at home, so looking to justify it to myself lol I'm not worried about the weight etc flying business so i don't have to worry about stuff like that and any shopping i buy in Canada and Vegas, and i am more than happy to pay for porters to carry my cases!

debs

I was thinking of pulling out my long dresses but family who cruises on celebrity a few times a year said that the majority are wearing short dresses these days (probably because of restricted luggage) but if you want to I would say go for it anyway as long as you don't mind being in the minority.

I wore long dresses for formal night on our last cruise and although I probably was in the minority I didn't notice. Most everyone was dressed beautifully; short dresses, long dresses, glitzy tops and spangly pants. It's not like being in a formal dress surrounded by people in jeans (although TBH I probably wouldn't care then either, so I might not be the best gauge!)

I was thinking of pulling out my long dresses but family who cruises on celebrity a few times a year said that the majority are wearing short dresses these days (probably because of restricted luggage) but if you want to I would say go for it anyway as long as you don't mind being in the minority.

oh I'm always in the minority i have NEVER followed the majority, has always got me in trouble lol

thanks all for advice I'm off to buy some long dresses i know any excuse to shop!

debs

thanks debs

Hi Debs,

Both are fine. On our resent Solstice cruise I took 2 long dresses & 1 cocktail dress as we had 3 formal nights. There where some beautiful dresses to be seen. Enjoy your cruise, we certainly did. :)

thanks debs

Debs

Just tell your other half that you simply must have a selection of fabulous dresses otherwise you will be completely out of place! I always take a long evening gown for each formal night plus a cocktail dress for every other evening.

Sue

PS My other half has been a life-long Spurs fan!

Debs

Just tell your other half that you simply must have a selection of fabulous dresses otherwise you will be completely out of place! I always take a long evening gown for each formal night plus a cocktail dress for every other evening.

Sue

PS My other half has been a life-long Spurs fan!

thanks i have already got fab cocktail dresses and have now got 2 long fabulous dresses!!

unfortunately my partner is, a i cant quite bring myself to say it a gooner lol but he is not coming on cruise with me i am taking my mum i love dressing up for a night out and as my social life normally revolves around football (soccer) it will be a nice change to put on a dress and high heels instead of team colors and trainers lol

debs

Archived