The Epic & your balcony

beachnut2011

I'm would like to book a cruise on the Epic & wanted a balcony cabin. What I've read is all balconies are not covered & private. And some are similar to the Carnival cove balcony. Yet, NCL does not tell you this.

Is there a easy way to tell just what type of balcony your room has before you book it? Do certain floors have a normal balcony that's covered? I know there's a thread on this and I've gone thru all 17 pages. Yet, it's still confusing.

thanks,

some balconies on decks 8 and 9 are uncovered but it is difficult to tell by just looking at the deck plans.

we were in cabin 8190 which was covered and did not have lifeboats immediately below.the cabin immediately above us on deck 9 was uncovered

to be guaranteed a covered balcony go for decks 10 or above

Lyn

Deck 8 has lots of uncovered balconies

Deck 9 has some, but not many

Deck 10-14 have no uncovered balconies

Deck 14 has some balconies with extended covers (great in bad weather)

How can you tell? it's not too hard.

The rooms on deck 8 run straight back from front to back. The areas of the ship where decks 9-14 bulge out, those rooms cover deck 8 balconies. Where the decks do NOT bulge out, those rooms do not cover deck 8. Look at pictures of Epic and you'll see.

However, the easiest way to tell is to use a drag and drop deck plan. This way you can drag one deck on top of the other, align the stairwells/elevators, and see how the levels line up. here's the one I use

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

However, the easiest way to tell is to use a drag and drop deck plan. This way you can drag one deck on top of the other, align the stairwells/elevators, and see how the levels line up. here's the one I use

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Epic

Wicked cool!!!! Thanks for sharing that!!!!!

I do learn new things on here even after all these years :D

Still soooo confused...we r booked in cabin 9170...can anyone tell me about this balcony?

THSNK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!

I just used sdmike's link and it looks like your balcony has exposed balconies directly below it - not to worry (imho) because you will be too busy looking OUT at the sea, not down on your neighbours;). With that said, it does appear to be in a section of the ship with no lifeboats.

The bed appears to be by the balcony door as well.

Have a great cruise!!

Archived