Military Discount

MI-DI

It appears that HAL parent Carnival has changed their policy for miltary discounts. The big change is that someone with two years active service and a honorable discharge is now eligible for a discount. Has anyone heard of this policy on HAL or any other Carnival Cruise Lines ?????

It appears that HAL parent Carnival has changed their policy for miltary discounts. The big change is that someone with two years active service and a honorable discharge is now eligible for a discount. Has anyone heard of this policy on HAL or any other Carnival Cruise Lines ?????

Change was effective 3/16/05. There is a long thread on the Carnival forum about it (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=151380).

Cheers!

Wow.....Does this apply to two years active service at any time during one's lifetime? Or is it within a certain number of years ago?

DH Wants His Discount.....

Seems it might be a little discriminatory if it only applies to soldiers who served in Iraq or the Middle East and not to Korea or Vietnam???? Those soldiers served honorably as well.

I copied this from HAL's website. Hope this helps somewhat.

COMMUNITY APPRECIATION FARES

FROM $199

Savings for Teachers, Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters,

Hospital Volunteers, Police Officers and Active Military.

To book, call 1-800-426-0327

Ask for Promo #27

FROM $199

Ask for Promo #27

Janet, thanks. But I think the operative word there is "active".

Called HAL and was told that you do have to apply for it at the time of booking and is not good for cruises already booked.:( Also, it only applies to some sailings and not all of them. I agree that the key word is Active.

Sorry if my original message has caused confusion. Carnival has changed it to two years of active duty for the discount on Carnival ships. The question was if any other lines of Carnival were going along with this.

Sorry if my original message has caused confusion. Carnival has changed it to two years of active duty for the discount on Carnival ships. The question was if any other lines of Carnival were going along with this.

Mi-Di...with all due respect, I think you have written the same confusing thing again.

Yes, two years active duty.....but when? Currently on active duty? Ever during your lifetime two years active duty? See my point?

Don't know if any of the Carnival Family of ships are offering any military discount. I can't even figure out who might be eligible.

FROM $199

Ask for Promo #27

I really hate to appear so terribly stupid and belabor this, but there is a big difference between what it says above in Janet S's post and having served in "active duty" at some point in one's life. So maybe HAL's policy is not the same as its parent company, Carnival? Again, call me stupid and it's really okay, but when I read Janet's quote from the HAL site, it seems clear they mean currently active Military.

Help!!!

Yes, Heather. For HAL, I agree.

I was interested about the terms as they pertained in particular to Carnival. Just a ....for information sake thing. Never know when it may be useful to have that info stored somewhere in the back of my head.

Both Celebrity & RCI offer military discounts per their web sites:

"Yes, we do offer special rates on selected sailings for military personnel. To get this rate, your must place your reservation through a participating SATO travel agency. Contact your human resources department for a list of those agencies."

Those SATO travel agencies are generally located on very large military installations. Retired military may book through them, but I never have & have no idea of their rates. Not sure either if the RCI & Celebrity military discounts would apply to retired military...

Happy cruising....

Archived