Shopping in Kusadasi - Besides Rugs

We used our credit cards after "negotiating" prices..... no problem.

We did purchase a number of beautiful hand embroidered pashminas.

Gorgeous !!!! And quality. DH loved to haggle and even with a negotiated price they were still a bit pricey...... but they are works of art imo and my MIL loved hers as a birthday present !

We also purchased a stunning silver bangle set with small stones of emerald, saphire, ruby and others from a store in Sirince (village near Kusadasi) that we visited on our private tour. One of a kind and very reasonable after dh negotiated with owner. We used credit card - no problem. (Each piece in this store was one of a kind - owner designed and made all the jewelry and headpieces for the movie TROY with Brad Pitt)

Everything was in turkish lira. Our meals in restaurants was too.

Of course the credit card company exchanged into US $ on our bill...... but our dollar is worth more than turkish lira. I believe there is a set rate of 1 turkish lira = .62 us$

When I was shopping and trying to figure the price, I would just figure 1/2 and add a bit..... I am not very good at figuring sums like that when I'm holding a new treasure in my hand :D I LOVE to shop......

We also purchased a stunning silver bangle set with small stones of emerald, saphire, ruby and others from a store in Sirince (village near Kusadasi) that we visited on our private tour. One of a kind and very reasonable after dh negotiated with owner. We used credit card - no problem. (

Do you remember the name of the store in Sirince? We will be going there in October

thanks

We also purchased a stunning silver bangle set with small stones of emerald, saphire, ruby and others from a store in Sirince (village near Kusadasi) that we visited on our private tour. One of a kind and very reasonable after dh negotiated with owner. We used credit card - no problem. (

Do you remember the name of the store in Sirince? We will be going there in October

thanks

I can do better...... click on the link below and scroll down to page 15.

http://medya.todayszaman.com/todayszaman/pdf/2009/TodaysZaman_Jewelry.pdf

Also here is a picture I took of the front of the store. Click on thumbnail to make larger.

1582215078_EuropeanVacation2009836.jpg.da340962acdd4edd2949ac8fba88453c.jpg

Archived