Restaurants in the Blue Lagoon area MIA

pisces68

Just booked Homewood Suites in the Blue Lagoon area of MIA. Was wondering if anyone could please recommend someplace to eat in the area. Is there anything within walking distance. Thank you in advance. Any help is appreciated. This will be our first time in the area.

About a half mile away...From the hotel turn left and walk down the road. At the traffic light, turn left and you will see Publix. In that shopping center there are Italian, Chinese, and Cuban (Casa Juan) restaurants. I like Casa Juan...it's a great dive!

When we stayed at the Homewood (great hotel! :D) we also enjoyed Casa Juan, but that Italian place looked nice. If you're looking for more of a high dollar scene, about the same distance away but back toward MIA is the 94th Aero Squadron - steaks, prime rib, seafood and a view of the runways.

Good luck! :)

Thank you both! I love the Homewood Suites here so I was hoping this one would be just as nice. We're coming in a day before our cruise so that we can just relax a bit. I was worried there wouldn't be anything close by but this sounds great. We LOVE Italian :D

May I ask. We're you both in that area for a cruise as well? I know I'll need some transportation to the cruise port. There's 5 of us though. Any recommendations?

There was a BK in the same shopping center as the Cuban/Chinese/Italian places, and a few other fast food options just down the block. There's also a Starbucks in case some in your group need their gormet caffine fix, as well as grocery, drug and liquor stores.

The port is about a 15 minute ride away; the front desk of the hotel can set you up with a commercial shuttle service that will take you in a shared van to POM for about $10-12 per person. A taxi will make the trip for just under $30 (including tip!), and if you don't have too much luggage (not an option for my spouse and daughters :o) all 5 of you might squeeze into an SUV or mini-van style cab (same price as a regular cab). In case you have little ones in your group, car seats are manadatory and strictly enforced for taxis.

Have a great cruise! :)

Thank you so much. You just answered all my questions about food, snacks, liquor! LOL

I dont have much experience with taxi's so its hard for me to image 5 of us being able to get into one. We will only have 1 suitcase each though and I sure would rather spend $30 instead of $50+. Do you think that the front desk would request a mini-van cab for us for that $30?

I looked into Sun & Moon Express for transportation and they quoted me $45 for all 5 of us. Have you heard anything about them? And I am sure that doesnt include a tip LOL

I have not heard about that company - sorry.

The front desk can absolutely call a mini-van or SUV style cab for you - most will come from an airport holding lot, so it will take 5-10 minutes for them to arrive unless one just happens to be in the neighborhood. 5 suitcases is going to be a squeeze - plus carry-ons, camera bags, purses and back packs? :confused: - but not impossible.

When we stayed there after breakfast we relaxed in the pool/hot tub and checked out about 11:00 -- we were eating lunch on the ship by 12:15! :D

Have a great cruise! :)

I went to HS in Va. Beach (Navy brat) and two of my kids were born there, but now I get lost because they keep changing all of the roads! :o I miss the old Duck Inn.:(

Have a good cruise! :)

I moved here from Long Island back in 99' to 'start over' LOL My daughter just graduated from Landstown H.S. Been here and loving it ever since but your so right. Its changed toooo much. Seems all they care about is housing and making the roads bigger (poor wildlife have no place to go anymore). I loved the Duck Inn too! So sad. Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. Can't wait to get to Homewood Suites and then the cruise, I so need a vacation!! :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

The three dining options in the shoppiing center across the street should be open that late on a Friday, and for sure some of the fast food (Burger King is closest if I remember correctly) options will be open. The front desk when you check in may be able to point you toward other options. Good luck! :)

We always have stayed at the Hilton in the same loop on Blue Lagoon. By the time we fly in mid day and lay at the pool for the day, we usually order out for pizza.

There are usually a slew of taxis including mini vans right in that area for morning cruise runs. You shouldnt have much of a wait for a minivan style. I recommend taxi vs motel shared shuttle, this way you arent loading/waiting/loading/waiting. Thats just me though :cool:

Happy Sailing

Enjoy, I am a couple of weeks behind you:D

Archived