Mysterious credit from Princess

Go-Bucks!

I just paid my credit card bill and looked at the statement. It had an $85 credit from Princess that was added 5 days after I disembarked. I settled my bill the day before leaving and didn't have activities after that. After seeing this credit, I called my friend who had traveled with me and she also got this $85 credit on her statement.

We did miss a port, but I've had that happen before and the port charges weren't that high. Anyone else had a mysterious credit after arriving home?? :confused:

There have been times when we were credited with extra OBC for missing a port (usually if it has to do with a mechanical problem with the ship). Was this possibly what prevented your ship from getting to one of the scheduled ports?

• 2 weeks later...
There have been times when we were credited with extra OBC for missing a port (usually if it has to do with a mechanical problem with the ship). Was this possibly what prevented your ship from getting to one of the scheduled ports?

No, it was fog and wind related. And it was the first port. I settled my bill (receiving $110 of my OBC back in cash) on the last full day, so there shouldn't have been anything left unless they decided to reimburse us after the cruise was over. I'm stumped, but grateful nonetheless. Was just wondering if it's ever happened to anyone else.

This happened to us on NCL a couple years back. The weather was too awful for them to risk tendering us to their private island on the last day, so we just had a sea day. After the cruise was over they credited us back some small amount but also sent us a letter letting us know what it was for. I'd imagine your credit was for your missed port. Way to go, Princess & NCL. :)

$85 is a very common (though strange) amount of OBC on Princess. Perhaps they missed crediting this to your account earlier? Many times when looking at cruises with them there is $85 OBC offered.

Otherwise it probably is compensation for the missed port.

Chances are it's the port fee given that you missed a port and you and your friends have the same amount. We missed ports before and Princess do credit us for the missed port.

The total of all the port fees was $84, but I can't imagine they'd reimburse us all the port fees when we actually docked in 5 of the 6 of them. I knew how much OBC I would be getting and did get it all, so I don't think it's that.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Again, my best guess is that it was a kind gesture for missing the port. On my previous cruise we missed 2 ports - didn't get any money back, but the captain did take us on an unscheduled day-long cruise down some beautiful fjords in Greenland where we got to see many huge icebergs and a cute little village. We all appreciated this lovely day.

Archived