When is SetSail Pass ready?

It has been a while since my last cruise and I can't remember how long before the cruise the SetSail Pass usually becomes available to be printed out.

We are on the Jewel TA from Harwich, UK to Boston on Sept. 3.

It has been a while since my last cruise and I can't remember how long before the cruise the SetSail Pass usually becomes available to be printed out.

Funny that you asked that because yesterday I paid the last bit for our October 8th sailing, and this morning I woke up to find I an e-mail from RCI giving me this lovely message:

"Congratulations! Your SetSail Pass is now ready to be printed. Your SetSail Pass indicates that you successfully completed the Online Check-In process for you and those guests listed on the pass. And, because you already checked in online, when you arrive at the pier you won’t have to spend time filling out forms, which means you get a jump start on your vacation!"

So I guess the answer is that you had to have paid your bill and filled out all the documentation on the RCI website, and then, voila! SetSail Pass here you go. :D

It has been paid in full for ages and step 1 to 3 have also been filled in for a long time. But Step 4 (SetSail Pass) is still not ready.

I know that you can enter your e-mail address and I always do, but I never got a message when my pass was ready. So I don't expect it to work this time either... :-)

Just wasn't sure if there is a set time when the SetSail Pass becomes available, like 1 month before, but since you already got yours for a Oct. cruise, that's apparently not the case.

Step 1 through 3 all say "Completed" and have a check mark in front.

Also, went through all the steps again to make sure everything has been filled in, which it is.

So, is it unusual for the SetSail Pass not to be available about 6 weeks before the cruise?

We are sailing in September as well and ours have been available for ages.

I have seen on this site that sometimes people have trouble printing things using outlook but if you use firefox it might work.

Just a thought.

In the US, the SetSail pass becomes available to print as soon as you have completed all of the sections that are requested, AND you owe less than $100.00 (US). It is supposed to be available when your balamce is paid in full, but I accidentally found out that it was available for US passengers when you owed $100 or less.

I would call RCCL and ask them why you cannot print it. BTW, did you receive your E-docs, or did you get hard-copy docs? If you have either of those, you should also be able to print your SetSail pass.

Maybe this will work for you. I waited and waited....for a email. Never got one. The rest of our group all got theirs. We sail in 10 days so, last week I went back to the RCI site

and put in reservation # Lo and behold :-) there wss a box to print your set sail pass.

Try it. Hope it works.

joann

I did my online check-in the same day I made final payment. The next morning I received an email letting me know my Setsail Pass was ready to print. Others in my group had to wait anywhere from 2 days to 3 weeks for their pass to be ready to print. If there is a rhyme or reason to when they are ready, I certainly can't figure it out.

It has been paid in full for ages and step 1 to 3 have also been filled in for a long time. But Step 4 (SetSail Pass) is still not ready.

I know that you can enter your e-mail address and I always do, but I never got a message when my pass was ready. So I don't expect it to work this time either... :-)

Just wasn't sure if there is a set time when the SetSail Pass becomes available, like 1 month before, but since you already got yours for a Oct. cruise, that's apparently not the case.

I too was under the impression that once you have completed the Online Check-In process AND have made final payment on cruise, you will be able to print out a SetSail Pass. Keep us posted on your situation.

I'm sailing on the Independence on 3rd September and I printed my Set Sail Pass last week. Ordered my luggage tags too, and they arrived a week ago :D

Without trying to take this "off topic", and an apology if it does, but I was wondering ...

Let's say hypothetically you enter all your details on the check-in, including your Passport / Green Card / ID information. You get the check mark for steps 1 to 3 and all is good to go. However, when arriving at the cruise terminal for the cruise you realize that when you entered your Passport number into the computer, you suffered from fat-finger syndrome and were one digit (bad pun) off and didn't realize it at the time.

In that scenario, would that be a disqualifying factor that would keep you off the cruise and in deep-doo-doo with CBP / Homeland Security?

Just wondering how things would be handled in that scenario...

Michael

We made our final payment and printed out our Set Sail Pass for that cruise about a week ago. Things may be different since you are booking from outside the US, but it should be possible, if not now, then soon. See you onboard if not sooner. We are staying at the Mint Westminster for three days prior to the cruise.:)

Without trying to take this "off topic", and an apology if it does, but I was wondering ...

Let's say hypothetically you enter all your details on the check-in, including your Passport / Green Card / ID information. You get the check mark for steps 1 to 3 and all is good to go. However, when arriving at the cruise terminal for the cruise you realize that when you entered your Passport number into the computer, you suffered from fat-finger syndrome and were one digit (bad pun) off and didn't realize it at the time.

In that scenario, would that be a disqualifying factor that would keep you off the cruise and in deep-doo-doo with CBP / Homeland Security?

Michael

That wouldn't matter. You don't even need your Setsail pass to board. It just makes the boarding process quicker.

Michael

It would just take longer to check-in as the agent would have to manually enter your information.

• 7 months later...

Your SeaPass is ready once your final payment has been applied. I just filled out the form online with the passport info, credit card which is to be used to settle the bill. It was just like checking in for a flight . Really simple and only took 5 minutes or so.

As long as it saves time at check-in I don't mind the online process as filling out paper forms seem so archaic in my humble opinion. This way all we need to do at port is go through security and present our Sail Pass, Passport and Credit Card and be good to go.

I think everyone who has access to a computer should just do the online checkin it really does save time and stress.

Archived