Steakhouse Reservation Confirmations

edbro

I made reservations several weeks ago. It will be my wife's birthday and I wanted to surprise her. I never heard back from them and I noticed today that they no longer send out confirmations. IMO that is very poor service. How hard can it be?

Is there a way to find out beforehand if I have reservations or not?

I made reservations several weeks ago. It will be my wife's birthday and I wanted to surprise her. I never heard back from them and I noticed today that they no longer send out confirmations. IMO that is very poor service. How hard can it be?

How did you find out that CCL is not sending out confirmations?

We received ours just a little while back with no problems.

How did you find out that CCL is not sending out confirmations?

We received ours just a little while back with no problems.

From Carnival's site:

At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board.

I made reservations for our Sept cruise on the liberty and got a confirmation on 6/20. I think it depends on the ship.

Bill

Same experience. Carnival sucks when it comes to e correspondence. At the time they didnt have the disclaimer/excuse that they werent sending out confirmations. They just left me hangin and having no idea if it went through or not.

Someone gave me the e-mail of the actual steakhouse and I had to ask them if my reservation went through. About a week later they e-mailed me back and confirmed.

I requested Steakhouse reservations about 3 weeks ago on Carnival's website (Manage your cruise section) and got a confirmation by email 2 days later.

YMMV

Same for me. And I agree. Why would they stop? Sometimes they really make some stupid decisions. I will say this. One way or another, make sure you confirm it. On our Legend cruise last September, we made reservations on line ahead of time and I got a confirmation promptly. When we arrived for dinner, they did not have our reservation. They were kinda rude about it, like we hadn't actually made the reservation. I swear, for a second, it seemed like they weren't gonna seat us. Mind you, the place was nearly empty. I was kind of taken back by the whole thing. It didn't ruin my meal, but I was a little pissed. This time, I have printed my confirmation and it will be coming with me to dinner.

Just made reservations on the Freedom and was e-mailed within a day telling me my requested time not available, and given alternate times. Once I chose a new time I got an e-mail confimation within minutes. I'd try again- direct to the steakhouse e-mail.

from the c site

Reservations are recommended ahead of time but guests are welcome to go to the Steakhouse and be seated as per availability.

Steakhouse reservations can be requested prior to your cruise on carnival.com. Just login/register or access your booking by clicking here. Go to My Cruise Manager and select Plan Activities from the “To-Do List” section. Once in the Plan Activities section if your ship has a steakhouse you will see steakhouse section with the option to submit a reservation request. Requested dates and times are on a first come, first serve basis. If the requested time is not available, the next available time slot will be assigned. At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board.

*Please note not all ships have a steakhouse

I guess you can't count on what you read........

We reserved July 4th the week before our cruise. I received an email confirmation for our party. Once on board I decided o follow up on the reservation. Glad I did because we were not listed in the reservation book. The restaurant manager stated it was no problem to accommodate our party and she added us for the night.

If she hadn't done it for the night we requested, I don't know that we would have scheduled another night. We were happy it all worked out. It was one of the best meals I've had on board any ship!

If you didn't get an email, just head up when you first get on. Enjoy your meal!

from the c site

Reservations are recommended ahead of time but guests are welcome to go to the Steakhouse and be seated as per availability.

Steakhouse reservations can be requested prior to your cruise on carnival.com. Just login/register or access your booking by clicking here. Go to My Cruise Manager and select Plan Activities from the “To-Do List” section. Once in the Plan Activities section if your ship has a steakhouse you will see steakhouse section with the option to submit a reservation request. Requested dates and times are on a first come, first serve basis. If the requested time is not available, the next available time slot will be assigned. At this time, we do not send out confirmations prior to the cruise indicating that the dinner reservation has been confirmed. The guest will be notified once on board.

*Please note not all ships have a steakhouse

I guess you can't count on what you read........

I just booked the Steakhouse for our upcoming Nov.2nd cruise on the Miracle, and I rec'd a confirmation via e-mail within a day or two.

We had e-mail confirmations on the Spirit and the Valor.

Never had confirmation on the Dream, but they notified us by phone on the ship, about 1 day after sailaway.

Guess it all depends on the ship.

I got a confirmation email last week. Going on the Pride in September.

Archived