Please Help me decide- Cayman Turtles

Turtle31

Hi Everyone,

First a little backround, as you can tell by my screen name I LOVE turtles ;). The main reason I started booking this cruise was because of the stop in Grand Cayman with the turtles. Anyway, this will be our first cruise and I am not sure if DH will agree to another one any time soon, that being said I want to try and see what we can.

My question really is if I book the Turtles,Turtles, Deluxe that includes lunch we will spend 4 hours at The turtle farm only. Is that way to long ? I see they have way more to look at and possibly a place to swim ?

The other option is Discover Cayman,- Turtle Farm, Hell and Stringray Tour

Now I would love to go and see the Stringrays and I think my kids would too. But I know my DH wouldn't even get out of the boat- he can video tape so I am okay with that. My main worry about this excursion is that we would be rushed at the Turtle Farm (my whole reason for going). But if anyone can reassure me that the 4.5 hour excursion is enought time to do all three of these things, I would love to do this one. Especially since we may never get the chance again.

Another thing to note is that excursions through Carnival are our only option, DH is a bit of a worry wart and will in no way go along quitely with an excursion not endorsed by Carnival.

Thanks for everyone's feedback and advice - I really wish the excursion would break down how much time is spent at each place :confused:

Donna

If you just want to see turtles, the multiple-stop tour is the one that lets you just visit the turtle tanks...most people have their fill in that area in an hour or so, which is likely how long they'd stop there at most. If you really are just interested in turtles, that might be enough and then you could see the stingrays too, which is Cayman's most famous attraction. (Hell is just a 15 minute photo op, gift shop and post office.)

If you want a marine park experience (snorkel lagoon, bird habitat, other marine animals, etc.) then that's the one stop tour where you just go there, but you would have to be interested in more than just the turtles to make it worthwhile. http://www.boatswainsbeach.ky/

Thank you so much for your response. After a little more digging I think we are going to do the Stringray Encounter & Turtle Swim excursion. I read quite a few good reviews and it seems like we would get ample time between the two places and leave hell out of the equation. I don't think anyone wants to really swim with the turtles but from what I read of the reviews it is optional and leaves time to explore the other areas -which sounded good to me :D

Donna

Archived