behind the scenes tour-Dawn

angel4487

From everything I've read the price is $55 unless it has gone up recently. I believe it is announced in your Freestyle Daily and you have to sign up. I think they cap how large the group can be. Latitudes Platinum members get the tour free.

Oh thanks for that information--that's the only reason my husband would want to go-- would be to see the mechanics, bridge, etc.

A few issues have closed off these areas. National Security for one. Insurance liability for another.

Ah, for the good ole days.

ahh. . .true--I am just not that excited about looking at loads of laundry (although I am sure it is impressive)!! And paying to look at loads of laundry. . .well. . .I'll see you at the bar!!:D Although seriously, I know people who have really enjoyed that tour.

Last year on the Jewel our CC Group inquired about having the tours and they set it up. It was one of the best tours that we have been fortunate to see. I think the CD was John OHara and he was very accomodating. If you have a meet & mingle set up ask the person in charge. Oh, and it was free!!

Personally I beg to differ. I did the tour aboard the Dawn on our October 2010 repo cruise and found it quite informative, yes, we did see the laundry but also had a good tour of the kitchens for the Venetian MDR and the system they (NCL) use to prepare the various meals. Also given a good tour by the Environmental Officer who briefed us on how the ship disposes/stored the waste. Also met the entertainment person behind the scene in the main auditorium and she entertained us with the various” issues’ we don’t see/hear about during the shows.we were taken down to the ships crew living quarters, quite detailed on how they live and have their own entertaining areas And finally 45 min on the bridge with the Navigation Officer who explained the ships propulsion/navigation systems in great detail – most interesting that was. For me, well worth the $55.00, however only one afternoon is set aside for the ships tour and it was filled. They took two sections with aprx 25 each

Archived