Taking and buying wine in Canada

terrain1

My wife and I are on the Reggata, October 12th, from Montreal to New York. We are driving from my daughter's in Goshen, New York to Montreal, Canada. Need to know how much wine you can take across the border and a good place near the dock in Montreal to buy wine? We like to take our own wine on board. Thanks in advance for any advise.

Rick and Martha from Kansas

My wife and I are on the Reggata, October 12th, from Montreal to New York. We are driving from my daughter's in Goshen, New York to Montreal, Canada. Need to know how much wine you can take across the border and a good place near the dock in Montreal to buy wine? We like to take our own wine on board. Thanks in advance for any advise.

This is from Canadian Borders Service:

Alcoholic beverages

Alcoholic beverages are products that exceed 0.5% alcohol by volume. If you meet the minimum age requirements of the province or territory where you enter Canada, you can include limited quantities of alcoholic beverages in your personal entitlement. Minimum ages for the importation of alcoholic beverages, as prescribed by provincial or territorial authorities, are as follows: 18 years for Alberta, Manitoba and Quebec; and 19 years for the remaining provinces and territories.

You are allowed to import only one of the following amounts of alcoholic beverages free of duty and taxes:

• 1.5 litres (53 imperial ounces) of wine; or
  • a total of 1.14 litres (40 ounces) of alcoholic beverages; or
  • up to 8.5 litres of beer or ale.

Hope this helps

Delta Queen

Hi JacquiKay,

My email address is madein39@gmail.com if you are interested in joining us with CarlaK. You would make the 5th & 6th. I am not looking to do any more than this. Let me know if you are interested. This is with Guided Tour Israel.

Ken & Jody

Greetings to my fellow CC posters and lurkers.

As the departure date for our cruise nears, I would like to see if there's any interest in a Meet N Greet onboard to get to know one another.

I propose getting together on the date we set sail from Istanbul, Tuesday, Sept 20, at 5:30pm, in either Horizons or Martinis, depending on the eventual size of the group. The Main Dining Room doesn't open until 6:30pm, and I doubt Oceania will organize the Muster drill during the cocktail hour, a prime revenue generator. So I think 5:30pm should be a good time. But if by chance the Muster Drill spills into that time frame, we could plan to meet as soon as it's over.

If interested, please reply here with your names, city, state, province, and country. I'll keep track of everyone and post a running list here from time to time.

To get things started, my wife and I (Joyce and Dave) are interested, and we're from St Lous, Missouri, USA.

Anyone else?

Dave

We are from Scottsdale Az. and we would like to join the meet and greet as well. Our names are Evy and Steve.

Count us in for the meet and greet on the Marina on Sept. 20. Great idea! We are looking forward to it. We are Evy and Steve from Scottsdale, Arizona.

You may want to go to the ROLL CALL forum & find the ship then the sailing date to join your fellow passengers

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=420%22

I wouldn't bother taking wine across the border. Liquor stores in Quebec are called SAQ and you will easily find a liquor store (SAQ) in Montreal. You can also buy wine and beers in a convenience store or "depanneur" but the selection is more limited and lower end quality. The closest SAQ store to the port is the one in the Old Montreal at 501 Place d'Armes. You might fine wine more expensive in Quebec than in the US but if you like French wine you won't be disappointed. I attached the link to the SAQ.

Have a great cruise :)

http://www.saq.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/GeneralContentView?langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&page=%2fnh%2fHome

Archived