Saluhall Food Market Stockholm?

There are three salluhallar in Stockholm, Östermalmshallen, Hötorgshallen and Söderhallarna.

The one most visitors are interested in is Östermalmshallen. It is the oldest and it has the most interesting architecture and athmosphere. Hötorgshallen is more international, with more food from other countries, less Swedish. Söderhallarna is smaller and even if I do my own shopping there I don't think it is much worth a visit.

How our food markets compare to the one in Barcelona I don't know. And if it is easy to walk depends on where you want to walk from. If you are on a cruise there are several ports where cruise ships dock in Stockholm.

Here is a link to a map where you can see the different ports, the main sights of interest to cruise passengers and also Östermalmshallen. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200939608343314501629.000448dadb8bebb56f079&msa=0&ll=59.344745,18.099804&spn=0.051115,0.111408

Thanks for the great advice. Since we are big foodies we will try to visit all three markets to compare. Does anybody know of any other foodie must-do's in the Baltic ports?

My favorite one in St Petersburg if that's going to be one of your ports is Stolle Cafe...The meat pie and the fruit pie Yummy !!! Our guide took us there for lunch during our private tour..

Salu Hall off Sturgart (sp) was the one we went to (its on the island north of Gamlastan). Easy access off the metro. Pretty amazing food there. You will love Stockholm. If you are looking for a quick bite, check out this franchise we found call Vapiano- pizza/pasta/salads etc. there are several around town.

Archived