1st Cruise, Cozumel with a 2 yr old. Recommendations on what to do?

karid08

Hi, we'll be sailing in the RCCL Allure at the end of August (our first cruise) and will be stopping in Cozumel. We have no idea of what to do. We considered the Tulum ruins, but decided agains it since it might not be the ideal destination with a 2 yr old. Do we absolutely need to take an excursion? Once you're off the ship, are you close to downtown Cozumel, and can you just walk around and do a little bit of shopping and things like that? Or do you have to take a cab ride from the port?

Would an all-inclusive resort be a good idea? I've been reading some posts and see that there are 3: Mr. Sanchos (seems to be for the drinking croud), nachi and Paradise (rocky beach I believe). Can somebody recommend one of them since we're going with a 2 yr old?

Also, can you just go to a beach without having to pay for an all-inclusive?

As you can see I'm completely clueless :confused: and would really appreciate some help!!

Thanks so much!

A day at the beach sounds ideal - Let your little one splash in the ocean or pool and then nap in the shade. After the crowds and noise of the ship we think the quiet at Nachi is heavenly and prefer it over Paradise (have not been since they installed the new pool last fall); we usually wind up spending the same amount at each place for food and drinks.

To my knowledge there is not a free, public beach you can walk to from the piers. :( Have a great cruise! :)

You might want to check out Chankanaab as well. Although it's not free, but it is fairly close to the pier (I believe 10 min or so away).

There is a lot there for a little one. The beach gradually goes in and calm in an area for little ones. There are shows there (dolphin, sea lion, mantees that you can also swim with for a fee). They have a pool there. There are fountains that the kids can play in. Nature trails (it is a park) and a bunch of iguanas walking around. A beautiful lagoon. I believe they have shaded chairs and hammocks under papylias (sp?) as well.

You can get a $2 off coupon online for admission.

This is where we plan to go. It looks beautiful and perfect for our 3 year old. I know she's going to enjoy it. Tons of pictures around here if you search for them.

Archived