Recent Gem Cruisers to Bermuda, Aft Cabin Questions?

Luna'sMom

It just occured to me that the aft facing cabins on the Gem may actually face another ship when docked in Bermuda. I will be very upset if that is the case, since I paid a premium for my aft balcony. Has anyone been in an aft cabin this year while docked in Bermuda?

Thanks for your answer, I am really looking forward to this cruise and returning to Bermuda.

It just occured to me that the aft facing cabins on the Gem may actually face another ship when docked in Bermuda. I will be very upset if that is the case' date=' since I paid a premium for my aft balcony. Has anyone been in an aft cabin this year while docked in Bermuda?

Thanks for your answer, I am really looking forward to this cruise and returning to Bermuda.[/quote']

Also have the aft on 7/31 Gem/Bermuda, where did u come across this disturbing info, if u don't mind my asking? Thanks

We were on the Dawn in Bermuda with the Caribbean Princess docked butt to butt with us. They are far enough away it does not matter. It did not take away from our great stern views at all!

If you plan to run around in the buff, the folks on the pier you see you much better than those on the other ship.

Your going to be upset! LOL

My wife and I had 10664. You dock so close you can see everything going on across from you. Only kidding, you'll be fine, theirs a good 300-400 feet between you and the other ship. The WORSE problem we had was with ash. On sea days it was not too bad, but when it port it got pretty nasty. Our butler said it was from the burning of trash on the Summit and the dam wind direction

Picture from out balcony and Zoomed in

DSC00974.jpg.04a5e621ff842aaf9e0d983b83d9a3e9.jpg

DSC00976.jpg.0dd9da2e0cc416f3bd6aba42edb3655c.jpg

I don't know if NCL does this, but in the past they tended to alternate how they dock - one time starboard to the dock, the next time port to the dock. Doing this one never really knew which way the ship would face until you arrived. Someone said that it had to do with crew drills, but I'm not sure if that's correct.

@Luna'sMom -

Yeah, I hear you, and I understand your concern. However, how much time will you really spend on your balcony while in Bermuda? These ships come and go, and you'll be doing some sightseeing, too. No? We *always* cruise in an aft cabin. If we cannot get one, we change ship or itinerary. We have tied up stern-to-stern and stern-to-bow. Unless you and/or they have high-powered binoculars, you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, we have seen very interesting stuff while sitting on our balcony. A freighter unloading cattle in special shipping containers in Ponta Delgado, a huge car carrier disgorging new cars and parking them on the lot in Livorno. Took them just a few hours, and off they were. Fascinating. Yes, we were docked in Bermuda as well, but I do not remember the details. Think of the gorgeous view you'll have while getting TO Bermuda and back. You have the best seat in the house - in my opinion.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311359556.177240.jpg.9810a897bdbae2af6ea06907d8955180.jpg

Aft 11th deck NYC to Bermuda June 19th-when docked we had the Celebrity view, to be honest it was no big deal, I could not see into their rooms and I am sure they could not see into mine, but I did not change with the curtain open........

One night they had pretty good music playing and it was nice sitting out on our deck listening to it, it was also cool seeing their huge dining room.

We all actually followed one another and I got some beautiful pictures with the sun going down and Celebrity in the picture.

Don't sweat it!!!! Enjoy your cruise......

Archived