Help me decide - New England/Canada cruise with 8 month old...

mintchoco_ykc

I have an 8 month old and I am trying to decide between the two cruises:

Is there any reason why one might be better than the other? The itinerary is more or less the same. I'm slightly drawn to Princess because they provide jarred baby food, so it means less for me to lug around. That said, we haven't cruised with RCCL before and are curious to try.

Thanks!!!

What are the price differences? If they are the same - then 9 nights ALWAYS is better than 7 ;)

RCI has always been more family friendly. AND THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY (yes, that's my disclaimer) - but RCI is constantly putting out new ways to appeal to families whereas Princess simply doesn't.

For instance, one of the parents from this family board called a Princess rep to say that they were bringing a small inflatable duck tub/pool for the baby, the Princess rep said "NOT ALLOWED" :eek:

On RCI, they have Royal Tots/Infants play group and they have the fisher price toy rental program. Are they always phenomenal programs, no, not always. But they are there and sometimes we hear good things about them.

Since your child is so young, you won't be able to take advantage of the in cabin babysitting - but you could take them to the ice skating show on Explorer - they would probably like watching that. ;)

Want another tip (since you are waiting for a sale :D) Looking at the ships leaving NYC and heading North. NCL Jewel is going on 9/24 and the baby is only $160 (not including the port fees)

Carnival also has one.

RCI is under 60 days for that 9/1 sailing, so the "sale price" should already be on it because they are past final payment. You might have a chance when it hits less than 30 days till sailing.

The Sept. 1 sailing is on the Tuesday sales next week:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Don't know what the regular prices are, so don't know if it's a real bargain or not. EM

GREAT CATCH Essiesmom!!!! :D Yeah that will save them hundreds. Every category is much less.

So mintchoco_ykc, unless you are C&A, you have to book on TUESDAY!

Thank you Essiesmom!!! I am definitely looking into this cruise.

Now I just need to convince my husband that we should do this vs. a road trip or some other stupid vacation idea! It's probably easiest to go now while she's not that mobile and content to sit in her car seat / stroller!

Archived