p and o reducing prices after booking

zetec73

We had a booking with p and o cruises in 2009 on oceana for 7 nights booked in the january for sailing in sept with £50.00 onboard spend for each of us ....In the june they ran a discount promotion week offering double onboard spend and our cruise was one of the cruises they were offering this on we rang our travel agent thomas cook who informed us basicly tuff thier is nothing they can do as they only advertise / sell the cruises with the promotions p and o offer we contacted p and o customer services who advised us sorry nothing they can do i was not going to be fobbed of like this and asked to speak to one of the senior customer service managers after some reluctance from the staff i managed to speak to a senior manager and said this was our 5th cruise with p and o and will be our last if something is not done he said he would have a word with his boss ( how many bosses do p and o have ) hahah he came back and said they had looked into our cruise history and on this occasion they would credit our booking with the double onboard spend offer RESULT !!! so £200.00 oboard spend for 7 nights what a week we had cheers p and o we didnt scrimp and our total bill at the end of the week was WAIT FOR IT £202.00 so p and o picked up the bill the motto is dnt be fobbed of by p and o if they offer discounts on bookings on your cruise if you have already booked and paid a higher price on your cruise fight your corner you can win we did ......

I just about got all that too.:D

Well done! I am very surprised. We have done many cruises with P&O and always thought that what you paid was final.

The US market get price drops on their cruises. We should too.

Loyalty and P&O can no longer be linked. Because of this we have cruised with both Thomsons and Royal Caribbean this year and have had fantastic cruises. We have now moved our loyalties to whoever has the best late deals at a time when we want to travel. I have already booked my hols at work for 2012 at the same time as RCI, Princess & P&O sail from Southampton with a virtually identical itinerary to the one we want. Not bothered about cabin type as normally book insides anyway so we will be really surprised if we don't get a fantastic deal on one of those cruises with 9000 spaces to fill not counting the other itineraries that weekend.

Loyalty and P&O can no longer be linked. Because of this we have cruised with both Thomsons and Royal Caribbean this year and have had fantastic cruises. We have now moved our loyalties to whoever has the best late deals at a time when we want to travel. I have already booked my hols at work for 2012 at the same time as RCI, Princess & P&O sail from Southampton with a virtually identical itinerary to the one we want. Not bothered about cabin type as normally book insides anyway so we will be really surprised if we don't get a fantastic deal on one of those cruises with 9000 spaces to fill not counting the other itineraries that weekend.

That's exactly what we shall do as well, good on ya! :)

Archived