Crew invites for meet and greet

RoupMom

Help! Another member has graciously arranged for a meet and greet on our Aug. 19 HAL cruise to Alaska. I volunteered to do the invitations for crew members as suggested in the "How to plan a meet and greet" thread. Suggested there are the beverage manager, hotel manager, and CD. Are there others who should be asked? And how can I find out their names? That would be so much better than just an impersonal invitation. DBA, can you help? Or anyone else?

Thx in advance.

Help! Another member has graciously arranged for a meet and greet on our Aug. 19 HAL cruise to Alaska. I volunteered to do the invitations for crew members as suggested in the "How to plan a meet and greet" thread. Suggested there are the beverage manager, hotel manager, and CD. Are there others who should be asked? And how can I find out their names? That would be so much better than just an impersonal invitation. DBA, can you help? Or anyone else?

Thx in advance.

I have done about 5 meet and greets over the past few years. The beverage manager is no longer in charge of this type activity... it is the event planner that works for the cruise director. My approach has been to contact the person in charge immediately upon boarding the ship. Introduce myself and ask them to invite the appropriate crew. At our most recent M&G we were able to have the Captain, Hotel Manager, Cruise Director, Beverage Manager and the Event Planner attend. Much of the success will depend on the selected time of your event, the number of anticipated attendance, and if the senior staff is available (other ship activities).

Thx in advance.

For our last 2 M&G's I emailed the Events Planner for each Ship Nieuw Amsterdam and Oosterdam) if she/he could email me the names of the Officers so that I could personalize their invitations. She/he did and we were all happy:)

Joanie

Archived