Junkanoo Beach in Nassau

DonnaK

What can you tell me about this beach? Safe? Clean? Crowded? Gentle/Rough surf?

We are not in Nassau for very long, and we thought that instead of paying for an excursion, we might walk to this free public beach. But, we wanted some recommendations/reviews before we decided.

What can you tell me about this beach? Safe? Clean? Crowded? Gentle/Rough surf?

We are not in Nassau for very long, and we thought that instead of paying for an excursion, we might walk to this free public beach. But, we wanted some recommendations/reviews before we decided.

If you go to the following web site http://www.*****.com/nassau.html

you will find a couple pictures of the beach. One shows several palm trees. It is also referred to Esplande Beach and you can find it on the map at the end of the web page.

Being a public beach, you should bring your own towels, etc. but there are some vendors there if you want to buy drinks, etc. For food I would suggest a short walk back to Conch Fritters.

The beach is reasonably clean, definitely safe and you should have a relaxing time there. It is part of the bay and there is no surf to speak of. Jet skis etc are not allowed, so it is quiet. Crowded? I guess that would depend on how many ships are in port and how many want to go to the beach.

sooo I am taking my bf on our first cruise together on nov 27,2011 from Orlando. And we are going to the Bahamas and i dont know what to expect. Can someone explain to me what to expect for as cost and buying excursions through carnival or what.?? email address is checkcard1982@gmail.com any and all info will be helpful

Durdenpb, excursions will be more expensive if you book thru cruiseship. Where in the Bahamas are you going? You should do a search on this forum for each port you will be going to. Read some of the posts and see what interests you and then you can post specific questions about each port or excursion.

Also, what excursions does your cruisehip list and what of those interest you?

so that map is EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you!!

Can you tell me the approximate number of miles on this tour? less/more than 3 miles?

We will be in Nassau for the first time in many years in September..looking forward to just looking around this time and hitting the beach at the Hilton I think.

so that map is EXACTLY what I was looking for, thank you!!

Can you tell me the approximate number of miles on this tour? less/more than 3 miles?

We will be in Nassau for the first time in many years in September..looking forward to just looking around this time and hitting the beach at the Hilton I think.

The walking tour is about two miles, but by the time you see the various stops and do a bit of shopping along the way, it may seem a lot less. It should take not more than a couple hours unless you spent extra time for lunch.

Next time we do this we want to spend some time at the Hilton. It certainly looked very elegant with a great beach, etc. Before you go to the front desk and sign up for the beach package, go take a look first and talk to the staff around the beach area.

Archived