Fort Lauderdale parking question

klb1978

My husband and I are sailing on Allure in October. It will be our first time sailing out of Fort Lauderdale, so we don't know anything about the port.

I am wondering if my husband and I parked at the port on Sunday morning, would my mom and stepdad be able to pick up our car later in the day? I really don't want to pay to park all week, so we are just trying to figure out somewhere that we can leave the car for a few hours until they are able pick it up. I wasn't sure if you paid upon entering or leaving the parking area. Due to a work commitment, it is not possible for her to drive us to the port that morning, but she could pick up the car later that day.

Thanks so much!!

You pay on your way out. Security MAY give you a problem as Mom and Dad are not sailing, but they are usually pretty understanding. If nothing else, there is a strip mall across from the entrance to the Port on 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale; you could park there and take a taxi to the Port that would cost you under ten bucks -- cheaper than parking in the Port lot for a couple of hours.

Thank you so much for your response!! I just looked and it does indeed seem that there would be several options of places to park our car along 17th street for a few hours. This would probably be easiest for all involved.

Archived