Does "country club casual" mean a jacket?

B&B in LotusLand

No; spouse brought his jacket on our first Oceania cruise in 2008, but it did not make it along in 2009, 2010 or 2011.

That being said, whether it was the average age increase onboard, the plethora of college alumni groups on board or the more northern itinerary, there was a huge upswing in jackets at dinner, even in the GDR, on our Baltic cruise last month on Marina versus our previous three Mediterranean cruises. I would say about 1/3 of the male diners wore jackets to dinner.

DW & I have done 5 O sailings...6th is next month to Alaska. Never, ever have I brought a jacket...never felt I needed one. Men only need to wear a nice pair of slacks and a golf shirt. That does it for me.

Enjoy your cruise.

Of course, if it is a Baltic cruise, you might want to leave the golf shirt and go with long sleeves. Today in Copenhagen the high was 64 F with light rain.:)

Bill

Certainly long sleeve dress shirts were the norm for men to wear to dinner on all of our Oceania cruises, not just our Baltic cruise; golf shirts definitely are a minority choice. But the nice thing about the Oceania dress code is how much diversity in what people wear to dinner is permitted happily for us all! :)

We just returned from Route of the Vikings on Marina. I would say about 40% of the men work jackets into the speciality restaurants, fewer in the Grand Dining Room. Go with what you feel most comfortable in. For dinner most men were wearing long-sleeved shirts.

We just returned from Route of the Vikings on Marina. I would say about 40% of the men work jackets into the speciality restaurants, fewer in the Grand Dining Room. Go with what you feel most comfortable in. For dinner most men were wearing long-sleeved shirts.

This echoes our experience on our recent Buenos Aires - Barcelona crossing on the Insignia. Most men wore jackets in the specialty restaurants, a few in the GDR; a tie was a rarity. When not wearing a jacket, most wore a nice long-sleeve or short-sleeve shirt (weather was pleasantly warm) -- a few polo shirts.

Archived