Dining options

dvg1027

I know this topic has been done to death but a lot of people suggest to look at the stickies. I did but they were started a few years ago. Over people have been adding there thoughts or updating the dining options and to go through all the different pages of resonses would take forever. Can someone either give me an explanation of the dining options or at least let me know where I can look that is up to date? Thanks a lot.

I see that you are on the Eurodam.

Dinner:

Fixed dining at 5:45 and 8 on the Upper Level of the dining room; Open Seating on the Lower Level of the dining room from 5:15 - 9 -- you can make reservations for 3 days at a time once on the ship or just show up. Reservations can only be made for the times between 5:15 - 6:15 and 7:30 - 9.

Pinnacle Grill -- $20 per person -- can prebook online at HAL's site, call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 or make them once on the ship. Open from 5:30 - 9:30.

Canaletto -- FREE -- only open for dinner -- can not make reservations until you are on the ship.

Tamarind (PanAsian - my favorite) - $15 per person -- again can prepreserve on HAL's site, through ship services or once on the ship.

You didn't specify which meal, so I'll list everything I can think of off-hand.

Breakfast:

Room service---leave the hang-tag on the door before you retire at night.

Room service---call when you wake up.

Lido---either continental or full breakfast. Cafeteria style.

Dining room---full service sit-down meal. If you are in a full suite, or penthouse, a separate room/area of dining room serves the same purpose.

Lunch:

Room service from the menu available in your cabin.

Lido---cafeteria

Dining room---when it's open. Check the daily schedule.

Pinnacle---again, when it's open. Check the daily schedule.

Tamarind Restaurant on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam.

Dinner:

Room service either from the room service menu, or from the dining room menu, if ordered in the first half hour the dining room is open. Delivery can be at any time.

Lido---cafeteria service, but the tables will have tablecloths, glassware will be finer than other meals. There is wine/cocktail service.

Dining room---either fixed seating at early (5:45) or main (8:00).

open seating from 5:15-9:00.

Pinnacle Grill reservations-only added charge restaurant

Canaletto---reservations suggested Italian restaurant located in a section of the Lido. On all ships except the Prinsendam.

Tamarind Restaurant---Pan-Asian restaurant on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. Reservations only. Added charge.

Late Night Snack:

Lido. Cafeteria style lighter meal.

Room Service:

Always available menu.

Archived