Mini Suites - Coral Princess

High C's

High C's: We had C-417 on our Panama Canal cruise last year; and were DSAWYER's upstairs neighbors. Anyway, we booked that specific stateroom and declined upgrades. We wanted a leading edge mini on the bumpout with a wrap-around balcony. Our views of the locks and mules at work were great.

Yes, we sacrificed a little balcony footage on the bumpout for the ability to see everything while relaxing with a large martini. Our balcony was covered by the one above us.

Happy sailing.

Iamthesea

Yes, there are several errors on the Princess website, which I think poorly designed. For a short time, they tried to lump the Royal Princess and Regal Princess into one class - one at 45,000GRT and the other at 70,000GRT!

Some things are better written by those in the know - not some PR hack!

I still am chuckling at the press release when the Diamond Princess was accepted at the shipyard. The author, a Princess PR type, had the ship transiting the Atlantic (it was built in Japan, and transited the Pacific).

I am looking at any of the mini-suites on the front corner of the middle bump (A416 or 429; B416 or 431; or C416 or 417).
We had A416 for Alaska last summer, and thought the view was outstanding. The balcony was a tiny bit smaller with the rounded corner, but we loved the panoramic view -- especially for Glacier bay. We are a family of 5, so we also had cabin A418, and we were able to open the door in the partition between the two balconies.

We will be on the Coral again this January for the Panama Canal, and we orginially booked B416 and B418, but decided that we would rather have 2 minisuites with larger balconies for this longer cruise, so just changed to D724 and D726. I have read other posts that mention how close the aft balconies are to the back of the lock, and I am hoping that D726 will give us a good view to the back as well as the side (although the Coral doesn't have any true aft balcony cabins). We are excited about having more room, as well as the larger balconies on the Dolphin minisuites, but we would probably have stayed with our original choice if it were just my DW and I travelling. Anyone else who has been on the aft of the aft bumpout in the Canal?

Regarding Coral/Island Princess minis being covered/uncovered, etc.. - we too went by the previously posted list when booking that has been around for quite sometime. However -I agree with previous poster - some of the info is incorrect. For example - the Baja Deck minis foward in the B-231 forward area for several staterooms are totally covered and also an excellent location. IMO - if you're in the process of booking - check it out & know before you go! SeaFish

• 12 years later...
We had A416 for Alaska last summer, and thought the view was outstanding. The balcony was a tiny bit smaller with the rounded corner, but we loved the panoramic view -- especially for Glacier bay. We are a family of 5, so we also had cabin A418, and we were able to open the door in the partition between the two balconies.

We will be on the Coral again this January for the Panama Canal, and we orginially booked B416 and B418, but decided that we would rather have 2 minisuites with larger balconies for this longer cruise, so just changed to D724 and D726. I have read other posts that mention how close the aft balconies are to the back of the lock, and I am hoping that D726 will give us a good view to the back as well as the side (although the Coral doesn't have any true aft balcony cabins). We are excited about having more room, as well as the larger balconies on the Dolphin minisuites, but we would probably have stayed with our original choice if it were just my DW and I travelling. Anyone else who has been on the aft of the aft bumpout in the Canal?

Well I realize it has been some time for you since this cruise but, do you remember any engine noise, or vibrations this far aft? Thanks

Baronbob,

We were in cabin D716 last May in AK. We did not have any engine noise or vibration that i can remember. In fact we are booked in D714 to Panama this Sunday. Can't wait.

Thank you for your reply. I will pass this along to our friends. Hopefully you can pip up to Caribe 705- 723 and see how vibration or lack of vibration there may be there. Have a wonderful trip!

We booked same transcanal LA to FLL Dec 2018.