Taxis at the port in Richards Bay, SA???

vaitape

We've followed the postings from the passengers of last year's Cape Town to Singapore cruise and are so grateful for the information you've shared.....it's helped us make our plans for the cruise this December.

Do any of you remember if there were taxis easily available at the port when you arrived in Richards Bay?

I think it is best to be organized with tours in every port. I was on this cruise

and pre-arranged all tours. I expected the areas to be very different and was happy I had made prior arrangements.

Doggylover

P.S. I did not see many taxi's in most ports.

We've followed the postings from the passengers of last year's Cape Town to Singapore cruise and are so grateful for the information you've shared.....it's helped us make our plans for the cruise this December.

Do any of you remember if there were taxis easily available at the port when you arrived in Richards Bay?

Don't remember seeing any in this port. There is an outdoor "mall" just outside the gate with a few stores selling tours, as well as a large, relatively new Protea hotel. You could probably arrange for a taxi or a tour at either of those spots (we didn't try). Agree with doggylover that it's better to arrange something ahead of time.

The port is not in a particularly busy area. There's not much else around.

Hello vaitape

Is there something special you want to do in Richards Bay? We are on the same cruise in December and we like to arrange our own sightseeing tours. We were looking at a day safari, but the game reserve are not replying to my e-mails. Are you registered with the roll call Nautica Cape town to singapore ?

Hi English Muffin...yes, we're on the roll call for this cruise. We'll be doing a little safari pre-cruise and also a game drive out of Duban so we're wanting something different for Richards Bay.

You might contact sunnies from the roll call re game drive. She was organizing one earlier on. Not sure if there is room now but worth an inquiry at least. Have a scroll through the postings there.......good luck.......and looking forward to meeting you on board!

What tours did you take in Richards Bay?

We were on Silversea, and did an overnight stay - 2 full days. Not sure whether you have the same tour options, but you probably do. One day we went to Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve for a drive. The other day we went to the St. Lucia wetlands for a boat tour on the estuary. Good sightings at both places though they weren't as fantastic as the private game reserve that we visited before the cruise.

jpalbny, did you take the tours through the ship or did you work with a tour company?

Through the ship. Easier, though expensive... didn't want to worry about whether or not we were dealing with someone legitimate or not. Plus it was seemingly more difficult to find good information about the ports of call.

SA was an incredible place to visit, though. Would go there again in a second (it's well worth the 15 1/2 hour plane ride from ATL). It's our second-favorite trip ever (after Antarctica).

We arranged the safari pre-cruise, and the post-cruise hotel, car rental, and self-guided tours all on our own, though. It was a great experience to drive the countryside at our own pace, stopping where and when we wanted to, and making our own itinerary. :)

Archived