Infant on the Gem in Bermuda

JrzyCrzy

My DH & I will be cruising on the Gem later this year to Bermuda with our DS who will be 8 1/2 months old. This will be a new experience for us, since this is our first child. Has anyone recently traveled around Bermuda with an infant? I am wondering how it is using the buses with a stroller. We are thinking about bringing an umbrella stroller or a harness or both.

Also I would love to hear of any tips you may have with traveling with an infant. I was thinking about bringing a booster chair that attaches to the table or does the ship offer high chairs? Of course food is a concern. We just started the stage 1 & 2 foods. Would you recommend bringing jars of food or are there alternative choices provided by the ship? Thank you so much in advance!

Hey JrzyCrzy! :D

I don't think you will have any issues using the Bermuda bus/ferry system with the baby. They are VERY simple to use. At most, last month, I waited 10 minutes in line to buy the tickets. The price was $12 pp one day pass/$20 pp for the 2 day pass. Just bring CASH.

I plan on doing the same exact thing during our cruise. My kids are older than yours, but some things never change with kids ;) If my youngest is cranky, then no one is happy. ;)

You shouldn't have any problem folding up the umbrella stroller on the bus. I saw others doing it.

I am sure that NCL does offer high chairs (they all do). We did bring a high chair on our NCL sailing when our oldest was a toddler. But back then I was a super over packer.

I did bring my own food - just because the plastic packages of baby food are so easily packed. HOWEVER, it was so easy for us to find foods to feed them at every meal.

Some of the parents here recommend bringing ziplocks bags in to lock away stinky diapers in the garbage because the cabins are rather small and it might be a while until the cabin attendant comes in and empties it.

Can't wait to get on this cruise! :D

No need to bring a highchair...all ships have them. By 8 1/2 mos....soft table foods should work....there are plenty of "mashable" foods, and the ship will puree things if you need to.

Do bring all of the diapers/wipes/lotions, etc.. you might need.

Archived