Oat Winter Adriatic cruise

"Adriatic Winter Cruise Weather. When traveling during winter to an area located between 42 and 46 degrees north, one must expect adverse weather. Consequently, we were not surprised when confronted by moderately cold, wet weather. The weather varied from cold and wet to almost balmy. On the positive side, we never encountered crowds."

Bring rain gear and dress in layers!

• 2 weeks later...

We did this trip in January of this year. It was very cold but barely ever rained and we were dressed appropriately ( I wore wool long underwear every day!). Apparently it was colder than normal, too. Anyway, the trip was absolutely fabulous. I'd do it again in a heart beat. Only 49 passengers, terrific guides (ours was Alan), unbelievable scenery...We had snow the day we went from Zagreb to the ship and the ride was really scary. But walking past palm trees and looking up at snow covered mountains at the same time...wonderful!

I don't think I heard a single complaint on the ship...and most of the passengers were multiple OAT or GCT travelers...one couple had gone with them 27 times! It was our first and certainly won't be our last.

Look around on this site, there are some great pics and posts by folks who've taken this before...Have fun!

Archived