Is Royal Caribbean's website down?

Gave me a heart attack. My reservation cannot be found. But I'm not getting a "site is down" message, and in fact it took me all the way to "look up your reservation" and suggested that I contact customer service when it could not be found.

It's stupid to take down a consumer-oriented website on a weekend. Even late at night on Fri/Sat, I've been known to tinker, pricing out options, etc.

Royal's site currently appears to be down. I have tried three different browsers and it gives me the message that the site is having enhancments added. Only RCCL could have their site down at 1.00 pm Eastern time on a Sunday istead of 1.00 in the morning when there would be little demand.

I Just got a message on the site that it's down. It's funny because I just said to DW that I needed to put in our new passport numbers. I went & got the passports then went online & it said the site is down. I then went to CC & lo & behold, the first thread is RCCL's site is down. Would've saved me the trouble of digging out the passports, if I read CC first!

Well lets hope they sort out the mess that the UK site is in at the moment. As mentioned if you try and access your reservation from the UK site you end up on the Australian site. Oh and by the way, when I sent a support query from the UK site, I got a reply from Australia giving me a telephone number to call down under, I don't think so!

Their website has been acting very strangly for me for the past couple of weeks. The only way I can search prices is the Find a cruise section on the home page. Advanced searching feature has not been working for me.

I noticed it was acting funny and my reservations weren't there. There was a warning message at the top of the page when I logged in saying that current reservations aren't accessible now, please try again later.

But what floored me (and I came here to see if anyone knew anything about the wonkiness) was that trying to put in a reservation for my sister on the same sailing that my family is on didn't work. It would get to the page where you say how many people, how many cabins and if anyone is >55 years old, in the military or an EMT or a firefighter. When you click to go to picking a room, it just reloads to the same "how many in your group? how many cabins?" page.

I hope it is just IT playing around at updating the site and doing maintenance. Why they don't do the USA site in the odd hours of the morning (ie Saturday and Sunday nights midnight-0600) or something instead of the afternoons.

I dread logging onto RCI website. There are always problems, it is so slow and inaccurate with information (doesn't include all sailings). It's frustrating.

When I go to reserve entertainment and such for my December sailing; hope the problems are resolved.

For such a big company, it has taken much too long to fix the problems with their website.

Maybe the enhancements they are making is a free cruise for everyone here on CC. They are probably adding our free cruise right now ;) :D

Cindy

Well, Royal can you please put me on the Oasis or the Allure in a suite!!:D:p

Wishful thinking want hurt................

Archived