Limon - Anything to do right at the port/dock?

CruisinLJ

I am traveling with my Dad who has mobility issues. Is there anything to do right at the port in Limon? Our big day will be the Panana Canal locks the next day, so I was looking for an easy day in Limon with no bus rides or running around... Any good restaurants, bars or beaches close by?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
I am traveling with my Dad who has mobility issues. Is there anything to do right at the port in Limon? Our big day will be the Panana Canal locks the next day, so I was looking for an easy day in Limon with no bus rides or running around... Any good restaurants, bars or beaches close by?

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks!

I was there a year ago, September 2010, and at that time, there was only a market, covered by a tent. There were wooden carvings, bowls, etc, and leather goods. T shirts and beachwear. I have heard that you should not venture far from this enclosed area, but I took a tour, and as the tour bus drove through the streets of Limon, I saw lots of tourists, ( only one cruise ship in port that day ), walking the streets near the port, but it is a poor town, so I dont recommend venturing far from the dock area.:)

I didnt see any beach areas nearby the dock, and sorry cant remcommend any restaurants as I didnt try, but regret that, as I love to try the local food of places I visit.

Archived