Tours of Israell

Summer1961

We will be sailing to the Holy Land on the Silhouette on September 27th. I have contacted Guided Tours Israel and they cannot accomodate our group for shore excursions.

Does anyone have other tour companies to recommend for Israel.

I will read through all the threads here however, I thought I should also post my request.

Thank you for any help you can provide. We are looking for tours from Haifa and Ashdod.

Christine

Is GTI unable to accomodate you because of the High Holidays? We are taking the same cruise arriving in Israel on the 18th, and are looking for tours other than the ship excursions.

My sister and BIL are on the same sailing as Christine......I believe it is more the case that GTI are booked up rather than anything to do with the holidays. Rosh Hashanah ends before the Israel ports and Yom Kippur starts on the evening of the day after Silhouette departs.

Private guides and tours do tend to get booked up in advance in Israel, I've noticed.

Hi can anyone tell be the cost of their private tour in Israel with Moti? We want to do an overnight and his per person cost seems really expensive compared to Egypt. I have been to Israel but not to Egypt so I don't know how to compare the tours. Thank you in advance, I need to get something booked soon.

Roni

My sister and BIL are on the same sailing as Christine......I believe it is more the case that GTI are booked up rather than anything to do with the holidays. Rosh Hashanah ends before the Israel ports and Yom Kippur starts on the evening of the day after Silhouette departs.

Private guides and tours do tend to get booked up in advance in Israel, I've noticed.

This is what I understand as well. GTI still had spaces available but could not accomodate a small private tour.

After much research, we did manage to secure a guide for our group of 6.

Cruisemom ... Interesting that your sister will be sailing on the same ship as us!

Christine

Christine

Cruise Mom why the exclamtion point? I explained in my question that I did not know how to compare the two countries?

No real reason other than to suggest I was surprised that someone would think the two countries would be the same. There is a big difference in the levels of education of the population as a whole, standards of living, wages earned, price index, etc in the two countries.

In a 2010 index of human development for all UN countries, Israel is #15 in terms of human development (categorized as "very high human development" and higher on the list than Denmark, Italy, or the UK) while Egypt is #104 ("medium human development"). There is almost as dramatic a difference when you look at GDP per capita (one way of measuring national wealth) of these two countries.

Archived