Just back from the Gem

I hope you're right , I wasn't thrilled with the menu and the lack of offerings.

Hopefully someone can post the menus.

Thanks for the heads up !

I was just going to ask if the "new" menus are the ones listed on beyondships.com? I don't see anything listed about the "Chefs Specialty's" can you share some of the "special" things that were offered?

I was wondering the same thing.

Less than 2 week and we will be on the Gem. Are you joining us for the Meet and Greet? I hope you can make it.

We are traveling with another family of 6 so I am trying to see what the game plan for that day is. I hope to. I am sure we can sneak away for a little.

Thanks

I definitely felt as though NCL gave us more attention than usual. They are a wonderful group of officers and crew onboard the Gem. Never without a smile and always looking to please.

If I could fit in another cruise this year, I would pick the Gem again!!

Lobster night was on embarkation day.

Hi Dawn - ditto to everything you had to say about our Gem cruise. I also thought that the attention was stepped up. I'm an NCL fan to begin with and I did appreciate the little extras like the staff on the dock and the spritzers on the pool decks. It just keeps getting better:) - Joyce

I wonder if we were on the same " Dawn " cruise. We tried the MDR twice and both nights were horrible. We paid for specialty the rest of the week. We found them excellent.

Our first time trying the Gem will be this october. We are expecting it to be great !

It wont be much different than the dawn

WOW this all sounds so great. We will be sailing on the Gem for the first time in Oct. Glad u had a great time.:D

The Week after you Donnar...Enjoy and let us know your feelings!

Bill(DrFootball)

"Surrender is not a RANGER word!

We are going back to Bermuda for the 4th time in two years this September. My wife and I purchase the 3 day unlimited bus/ferry pass for about $26. each. We do all of our sight seeing on our own. We always feel safe and the Bermuda people are always so nice and accomodating when asking for directions or information. Make sure you get to Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. There are about 189 steps to the top and a small opening to squeeze thru to the narrow walkway at the top, but the effort is so worth it. When we first looked out from the top, our breath was literally taken away. The view is extrodinary. You can literally see the entire island. the Crystal Caves is very nice, but don't go with an organized excursion. We went on our own and had about 20 in our group. On the way out, a group from the Gem arrived, about 200 people were jammed along the narrow paths with only the front few able to hear the guide. Eating along Front St in Hamilton is nice. There are many really good restaurants within a few blocks, but expect to pay at least 25% more than at home.

Enjoy

We will be on the Gem in September:)...have been to Bermuda several times....but Little concerned about what I have been hearing about transportation problems with Ferry and Buses....Did any of you on this board have a problem...We like to go to St George to snorkel at tobacco bay! Thanks in advance! Pam

Glad to hear you all enjoyed the Gem!

We are traveling with another family of 6 so I am trying to see what the game plan for that day is. I hope to. I am sure we can sneak away for a little.

Thanks

I hope you can make it. Bring them along too!

I hope you're right , I wasn't thrilled with the menu and the lack of offerings.

Hopefully someone can post the menus.

Thanks for the heads up !

Yeah I'm not too thrilled with the offerings of those menus on that site either I'm really nervous about NCL's food I keep hearing such mixed reviews and I don't want to spend every night in a specialty or the buffet...hopefully it is something "new"

Just back from sailing on the Gem to Bermuda.

Lots of new things happening on NCL.

One, being the new menu's in the MDR's.

They are doing a great job! Food was delicious. Latin steak and Thai coconut shrimp along with ginger custard for dessert! yum! My favorites.

Love that they also have a "Chef's Speciality" each evening.

Some really nice touches were incorporated onboard.

Love the Aquafina bottles that are carried by the bar staff for spritzing sunbathers. Also, platters of cheese served as you wait for a available table in dining room.

Coming back onboard the Gem the last day in Bermuda we were greeted by the officers and handed a cup of lime ice. It was refreshing, delicious and a great idea. We were also given very cold washcloths for us to use.

Lots of little touches that make a big difference!

Wonderful staff onboard. Friendly and accommodating.

Nice smooth sail to and from Bermuda!!

Hi - can you tell me if the Gem was docked port side or starboard side to the dock?

Thanks,

Marilyn

Archived