NCL Corkage

rdt123

I have recently read that it is now $15 regardless of bottle size. Has anybody had any experience with the 1 liter or 1.5 liter size?

Went to Bermuda with a gallon of wine in June.15$ ,just like the smaller bottles.

Is it 2 bottles per person or 2 bottles per stateroom?

Also, is it just wine bottles?

There is no set limit to the number of bottles of wine and/or champagne that you can carry on. In other treads, a few CC members have shared they boarded with a case of wine.

Per NCL's website:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard. These will be subject to a $15 corkage fee regardless of size.

...The bottle will have a sticker or stamp placed on it showing that the fee was paid, and that the guest will be allowed to have the product onboard. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard.

So presumably no 15% Service Charge to be added to our account for serving wine we have brought on board ourselves?

Yes, that is my understanding. Besides there would be nothing to mark up by 15% (i.e., you are not purchasing the wine through NCL) ;)

It went onto our onboard account in January in the US, and they also charged us $30.00 for the 1500 ml bottle, not $15.00 that they charged for the 750 ml. But I've read here that it depends upon the person checking it in as to what they charge.

• 2 weeks later...

This was taken directly from the NCL website:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard. These will be subject to a $15 corkage fee regardless of size.

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc. The bottle will have a sticker or stamp placed on it showing that the fee was paid, and that the guest will be allowed to have the product onboard. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard.

(Hope this helps!)

Hi,

Nope, you have to pay for it cash :mad:

The table for the corkage fee is BEFORE the register counter. So your account is not set up yet.

At least that's how it was in NYC last May.

Have fun all !

We just got off the Spirit yesterday and it was charged to our room. It is before the register, but they look at your Edocs and fill out a slip to charge it to your room. We took 4 bottles on. We weren't able to drink it all because we had several bottles already from our TA (we had 3 rooms), so they actually refunded one corkage for us on the last night.

Hi,

Nope, you have to pay for it cash :mad:

The table for the corkage fee is BEFORE the register counter. So your account is not set up yet.

At least that's how it was in NYC last May.

Have fun all !

We were on the Sun last Oct and it was put on our ship board account. They took down our cabin information and it showed up on our bill.

This was taken directly from the NCL website:

Wine & Champagne Policy

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc. The bottle will have a sticker or stamp placed on it showing that the fee was paid, and that the guest will be allowed to have the product onboard. This fee will be charged to the guest’s onboard account. Wines that come in boxes are not allowed onboard.

(Hope this helps!)

Hey folks - there doesn't need to be any debates about how you are charged for corkage - this is from the OFFICIAL NCL WEBSITE and it is their CURRENT policy.

What happened last year or even last month doesn't really matter at this point.

I too would like to know of the good place to get wine in Venice. I will be there in September. Also, if you know of a good dry red there.:)

if you're at the main parking area at the bus terminal, walk down the 6 steps towards the water. hang a left and walk past the vaporettos. about 200 feet you'll see a CO-OP store. you can buy tons of wine, and really cheaply. my suggesttion from experience on the jade last month, buy 1.5 litre bottles instead of 750ml. you'll pay the same $15 corkage fee, but it will work out to $7.50 based on a 750ml size.

Yes this is a great idea. We were thinking since this is our "maiden voyage" we would bring a bottle of champagne to drink (not to break over the balcony rails-LOL) and a bottle of wine to have in our cabin. The corkage fee may cost just as much as the bottles themselves but what the heck. :rolleyes:

The only cruise line that allows alcohol onboard is Disney (funny that they would out of all of them being they are more geared toward children), You can bring on as much as you can carry on and you can carry on a 22" rolling bag full!!!! However, I did read if people keeping breaking the rules and putting it in their checked bags instead of carrying it on like they are suppose to they may change and follow suit with the rest of the cruise lines.

Both Princess and HAL allow you to bring on wine and beer. Have been on Princess the last 3 years and we were allowed as much wine as we wanted and no corkage fees. Last year we were on a 12 day Medi cruise and picked up a few bottles in each port we stopped in, no problems at all. Just a thought why do they call it 'corkage fees' what if you have a screw top??? I think it should be called service fee.

Archived