NCL Corkage

rdt123

Hi all,

I heard that you can take your own wine aboard if you pay a $15 corkage fee, is this right? I know a place to get cheap but decent wine in Venice and thought about picking up a few bottles prior to boarding,

any thoughts?

Rob

Hi all,

I heard that you can take your own wine aboard if you pay a $15 corkage fee, is this right? I know a place to get cheap but decent wine in Venice and thought about picking up a few bottles prior to boarding,

any thoughts?

Rob

Sounds like a good idea.If you pay corkage you can drink your wine anywhere on the ship!

Yes it is $15 a bottle.

Regards

Susan:)

We've just booked our first NCL cruise on the Jade from Barcelona. I've read that you declare the wine at check in and they put a sticker on it when you pay the $15. I was wondering how we pay the $15, in cash or on our sea pass. As its a European cruise and we're from the UK, we probably won't have any dollars in cash.

Thanks,

Julie

We've just booked our first NCL cruise on the Jade from Barcelona. I've read that you declare the wine at check in and they put a sticker on it when you pay the $15. I was wondering how we pay the $15, in cash or on our sea pass. As its a European cruise and we're from the UK, we probably won't have any dollars in cash.

Thanks,

Julie

It is my understanding that they put it on your shipboard account.

Hi,

Nope, you have to pay for it cash :mad:

The table for the corkage fee is BEFORE the register counter. So your account is not set up yet.

At least that's how it was in NYC last May.

Have fun all !

Hi,

The table for the corkage fee is BEFORE the register counter. So your account is not set up yet.

Have fun all !

Definitely good to know!

Sounds like a good idea.If you pay corkage you can drink your wine anywhere on the ship!

Yes it is $15 a bottle.

Regards

Susan:)

Yes this is a great idea. We were thinking since this is our "maiden voyage" we would bring a bottle of champagne to drink (not to break over the balcony rails-LOL) and a bottle of wine to have in our cabin. The corkage fee may cost just as much as the bottles themselves but what the heck. :rolleyes:

The only cruise line that allows alcohol onboard is Disney (funny that they would out of all of them being they are more geared toward children), You can bring on as much as you can carry on and you can carry on a 22" rolling bag full!!!! However, I did read if people keeping breaking the rules and putting it in their checked bags instead of carrying it on like they are suppose to they may change and follow suit with the rest of the cruise lines.

The only cruise line that allows alcohol onboard is Disney (funny that they would out of all of them being they are more geared toward children), You can bring on as much as you can carry on and you can carry on a 22" rolling bag full!!!! .

The Disney demographic is different than the other cruise lines and they don't have to worry about spring breakers bringing on suitcases full of booze;).

Hi,

Have fun all !

Thanks for the reply.

I'd love to hear from anyone that has sailed in Europe whether they still only accept dollars. If so we'll have to make sure we bring enough dollars with us.

Julie

Hi,

Have fun all !

On our Baltic cruise last year they deducted the money from our onboard account is it different on every criuise perhaps. We are leaving from Venice next year and would be interested to learn the best place for wine there please

You are already on the ship and you have checked in so there must be an account set up for you already. I see no reason why they would not just put it on your account. All the cruise lines hate cash!

I think the difference is between the initial check in (where they want money before your account is established) and when bringing wine onboard at a port of call along the way (when your account is established).

I see no reason why they would not just put it on your account.

Yes I was surprised to see one poster write that you had to pay cash. Even if it's at embarkation, just because you haven't physically gotten your key, your onboard account is already set up. You can call NCL and have them put cash toward your onboard account, therefore if it didn't exist yet they could not do that. Very strange.

Hi,

Have fun all !

I've been on 3 NCL cruises in the past year (including NYC embarkation) and have never been asked for cash. They asked for my stateroom # and that's what they put on the receipt they handed me. Most recently I took 9 bottles on board- no questions asked. The charge a day or so later on my shipboard acct was for one of the restaurants.

On our Baltic cruise last year they deducted the money from our onboard account is it different on every criuise perhaps. We are leaving from Venice next year and would be interested to learn the best place for wine there please

I too would like to know of the good place to get wine in Venice. I will be there in September. Also, if you know of a good dry red there.:)

It has always been charged to our onboard account at embarkation. The ship is a cashless society. Also, NCL is now checking to make sure the corkage has been paid for against your account. At dinner, the servers were taking the "Corkage Paid" sticker and asking for your room number to ensure it was paid. The server also now receives $5 of the corkage.

Am waiting on a return call from our NCL cruise consultant and will ask her the latest information and post as we usually take a few bottles on board also for our room.

Brenda

Do NOT count on getting the correct answer. After all, these folks in most cases have never cruised and just do not have all the answers.

The folks here have been there, done that.

I've taken wine on my last 3 cruises with NCL. We checked it in at the liquor check-in table after security check. The clerk put a sticker on each bottle and we were asked for our cabin number. It was charged to our onboard account only after the 1st bottle was opened in the MDR. It was $15 per bottle and we brought 6 bottles. Totally worth it!!

Yes I agree with the others. We declared our bottles right after the security checkpoint. stickers were put on the bottles. we received a receipt for the charge after giving our stateroom number and names. the charges showed up on the onboard account. no cash necessary up front. It sounds fraudulent to be asked for cash upfront:confused:

Archived