Our Crazy MAGICal Disney Cruise!

karajeboo

I am SOOOO glad I found your review. Unfortunately for me' date=' I have MORE THAN A YEAR before I get to enjoy my first Disney cruise. We are doing the Magic out of Galveston Thanksgiving week 2012. Your review made me want to go NOW! You made me laugh thru out & I can't wait for my girls to enjoy this cruise as much as you seemed to! Now we gotta think of a good name to announce us! :D[/quote']

Just remember, McSparklesons in TAKEN!!! Or are you too sexy for that? ;)

Best review ever!! I laughed, I cried I wished I was there with you guys. I can't wait for the next one.

BTW...I love the way you abbreviate Freedom of the Seas. I just wish I was gonna be one of the old FOTS on the cruise with you. :D

THANK YOU!!!! And I'm laughing HARD at FOTS! Never looked at it like that at all! But I do believe the McSparklesons are too sexy to be old FOTS, right? :p

This is by far the best review I have every read!!! You have a great sense of humor and your writing style is like no other. We are looking to take our daughter maybe in 2013. She'll be 3 1/2 then. Thank you for all the great pictures too.

Plus you and your family are Ohio State Fans. O-H.

This is by far the best review I have every read!!! You have a great sense of humor and your writing style is like no other. We are looking to take our daughter maybe in 2013. She'll be 3 1/2 then. Thank you for all the great pictures too.

Plus you and your family are Ohio State Fans. O-H.

I-O! That makes you my favorite reader! ;) Thank you!

Thanks for your great review of your Disney Cruise. Cant wait to see what you think of the RCCL Freedom of the Seas.

I will have to try and spot you when you are on you Disney vacation to WDW. To give you a hint I work at Disney as a cast member. I will give you a hint on what role I play at WDW.

Here is the hint. The department that I work at is that you see us at the beginning and at the end of your day in the parks.

Another hint is the pic on my profile.

Thank you for the review. It brings back our first experience with cruising and DCL last september. We went on the Magic with the Transatlantic from 10-24 september. Our captain John an cruise director Peter were the same. We also were on St Maarten and I saw some photo's that we made too.

And the rain we had also on Castaway Cay about 3 o clock. After a lovely day we get soaked and get on board. And yes the towels were warm and dry.

I didn't make a lot of photo's on diner and now I saw yours, I defenitly take my camera in the next time. We have a lot of pictures of the rest.

What a great pictures had you made.

We loved cruising, but failed to make a new reservation on board, but after a week at home we decided to book again next year. Luckely with an agent who offers us the onboard credit that we could get on board. We are going to Hawaii.

We had to wait a year. A cruise earlier and extra is not possible for us.

We are me and my son (24). We live in the Netherlands.

I had to make our tripreport yet. But I write it first in Dutch and then try translate it in English and publish it on DISboard, where we met much friends, and here.

So again I enjoyed your tripreport very much.

Thanks for your great review of your Disney Cruise. Cant wait to see what you think of the RCCL Freedom of the Seas.

I will have to try and spot you when you are on you Disney vacation to WDW. To give you a hint I work at Disney as a cast member. I will give you a hint on what role I play at WDW.

Here is the hint. The department that I work at is that you see us at the beginning and at the end of your day in the parks.

OK, now that I'm entering my reply, I can't see your profile pic.... Are you referring to your pic HERE or on the DIS? But we are staying at BWV so look for us!!! We will have matching shirts on a few days referring to Grandma and Grandpa's 50th anniversary! Dec 10-16....... My DH will pass out if someone comes up to me in WDW and knows me from the boards. When we were in the port before our cruise TWO families came up to me and said they recognized me from the pics I posted on our FE thread. Then on board another family did the same. Jeff said, "That's nuts." :D

Thank you for the review. It brings back our first experience with cruising and DCL last september. We went on the Magic with the Transatlantic from 10-24 september. Our captain John an cruise director Peter were the same. We also were on St Maarten and I saw some photo's that we made too.

And the rain we had also on Castaway Cay about 3 o clock. After a lovely day we get soaked and get on board. And yes the towels were warm and dry.

I didn't make a lot of photo's on diner and now I saw yours, I defenitly take my camera in the next time. We have a lot of pictures of the rest.

What a great pictures had you made.

We loved cruising, but failed to make a new reservation on board, but after a week at home we decided to book again next year. Luckely with an agent who offers us the onboard credit that we could get on board. We are going to Hawaii.

We had to wait a year. A cruise earlier and extra is not possible for us.

We are me and my son (24). We live in the Netherlands.

I had to make our tripreport yet. But I write it first in Dutch and then try translate it in English and publish it on DISboard, where we met much friends, and here.

So again I enjoyed your tripreport very much.

I would LOVE to see your trip report!!! We have considered a transatlantic, but on Cunard (believe it or not it's CHEAPER than DCL!!!!) - I would love to do that, but I"m a little nervous being out in the middle of the world like that...... Same with Hawaii. How did you enjoy it???

Bus Driver!!!!! I will look for you too!!!!

Great trip report!

We just did the NCL Sun this month and went to St Thomas also. Loved the snorkeling there.

We are huge WDW ppl and are DVC members but have never done a DCL cruise.

We are thinking of using points to go on the same cruise you did this next February. ( withdrawl already from getting off the ship this month!)

Thank for the great tips!

Kerry

Great trip report!

We just did the NCL Sun this month and went to St Thomas also. Loved the snorkeling there.

We are huge WDW ppl and are DVC members but have never done a DCL cruise.

We are thinking of using points to go on the same cruise you did this next February. ( withdrawl already from getting off the ship this month!)

Thank for the great tips!

Kerry

Did you like NCL? Everyone says we did it wrong by doing DCL first because the service is so good. There were several childless couples on this cruise we talked to who loved DCL for it's service. And they have a great adults only area (pool, coffee shop, hot tubs, restaurant) so it was easy to escape for awhile (lucky that Ally loved the kids clubs!). We are trying RCI next so very excited for that!

DCL was great and if nothing else, it whet our whistle for cruising.... we are hooked now! And we are very particular about the next ship we try (after the Disney Magic again in March). We didn't want to drop way down to a smaller, older ship like the Carnival Fantasy that goes out of Charleston, just a 3 hour drive for us. We will eventually try this cruise I think, but I'm afraid it would be a shock to go from DCL to that ship, kwim?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all those photo's!! We sail for the first time on Dec 3rd ..same ship and destination. Looking at your photo's makes it seem so much more real..and they answered some questions as well..like..how formal is formal. Just looking at the port pictures gets me excited for my girls..5 and 2. Thanks again.

Thanks for all those photo's!! We sail for the first time on Dec 3rd ..same ship and destination. Looking at your photo's makes it seem so much more real..and they answered some questions as well..like..how formal is formal. Just looking at the port pictures gets me excited for my girls..5 and 2. Thanks again.

So excited for you!!!! I'm down to 132 days until I'm back on this beautiful ship!!!!

I.Love.Your.Trip.Report. Wow! What a fun report! I felt like we were right with you! We have been on 2 Disney cruises, both aboard the Wonder, and LOVED it. There isn't a week or month that goes by that our now 11 year old son (an "only") asks, (or begs is more like it), to go on another cruise-this time aboard the Dream or upcoming Fantasy. We are hoping to go over President's Day 2013, a LONG way off, but are going on an adult only trip to Jamaica this Jan. 2012. We will definitely do a 7-night this time, as the 4-night is way too short. We would love to cruise with you sometime - I think we have alot in common!! LOL!! My family too rolls their eyes at me crying....Our first DCL cruise I was sobbing as we walked on the ship and they announced our name....a cast member even came up to me and hugged me as I blubbered "I just can't believe this is happening-it's a dream come true".....I cried several times on that cruise. Next time I hope you have wonderful weather at Castaway Cay-I refer to it as "Heaven on Earth". Love, love, love it - and their adult only beach area is awesome, you guys would love it. And our son loves the kids club on the island as well. :p Anyway, thanks for the neat report and pics!

I.Love.Your.Trip.Report. Wow! What a fun report! I felt like we were right with you! We have been on 2 Disney cruises, both aboard the Wonder, and LOVED it. There isn't a week or month that goes by that our now 11 year old son (an "only") asks, (or begs is more like it), to go on another cruise-this time aboard the Dream or upcoming Fantasy. We are hoping to go over President's Day 2013, a LONG way off, but are going on an adult only trip to Jamaica this Jan. 2012. We will definitely do a 7-night this time, as the 4-night is way too short. We would love to cruise with you sometime - I think we have alot in common!! LOL!! My family too rolls their eyes at me crying....Our first DCL cruise I was sobbing as we walked on the ship and they announced our name....a cast member even came up to me and hugged me as I blubbered "I just can't believe this is happening-it's a dream come true".....I cried several times on that cruise. Next time I hope you have wonderful weather at Castaway Cay-I refer to it as "Heaven on Earth". Love, love, love it - and their adult only beach area is awesome, you guys would love it. And our son loves the kids club on the island as well. :p Anyway, thanks for the neat report and pics!

I think we will take advantage of the adults only beach this trip. Since we are meeting up with Ally's little friend and her mom on this next cruise (the same ones we met on our last DCL cruise!) I think we'll turn the girls over to the kids club and we will go soak up some sun and some konk koolers! :D

I am trying the Dream in May with 3 other Disney lovin moms, so I'll post back about that. Not really sure I'm gonna love the big Disney ship, but we're gonna do our best to have fun.... lol I just love the Magic soooo much - is the second time a bit of a letdown? I don't think it will be (although we are going from a balcony to an inside stateroom!).

Looks like we will do balcony every other cruise. I booked a D1 aft balcony on our RCI cruise in 2013, so that puts us back inside in 2014 (although, from what I hear, once you go aft balcony you are hooked so hopefully DH will be hooked too!).

• 2 weeks later...
What a wonderful trip report! I've read many a dry (but informative) trip report but yours was the most heartfelt and downright fun. Have a great time on your upcoming cruises and I can't wait to see your impressions of the "FOTS".

Hey! You're from my neck of the woods.... well, sorta......

• 2 weeks later...

i gotta say.. i am a veteran cruiser in my ripe old age.. yet i breathlessly read ur post and watched ur video. I DO HAVE TO SAY i did cry a little bit watching ur videos. JEEZ im gonna be a mess on this cruse. my daughter celebrated 2 birthdays on previous non disney cruises. and my son celebrated one birthday on previous non disney cruises. I have visted st thomas/st. johns several times. St. thomas has a fab snorkling excursion, that wasnt offered at the time as an excursion.. it was so amazing that i referred this company to a few people on this board, as well as friends n co workers.. who loved them .. its a party non stop .. the minute u board.. until its done. u snorkel with sea turtles that are as big freezer chest.. they pour pain killers of varying strength after your done snorkling. and i copied n pasted this from their website http://www.doubloon.com Doubloon bookings can be made on Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruise Line and Disney Cruise Line at their shore excursion desk. Our tour, Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel, is approximately 3 to 3 1/2 hours in duration where we experience excellent snorkeling among beautiful coral formations, tropical reef fish and wild sea turtles.

although i now hit up st. johns.. and i plan to do so again. love st marteen, but since im european (just spent a couple months in poland) , i hit up the french side..

I do have a few questions. did i read a post correctly.. that kids CANNOT order from the adult menu.. in one of your posts? also, who did you contact to change the rotation of your dinner? i also want formal night to be in the restaurant (forgot which one) you requested. Which night is the best night to eat in the upcharge restaurant? and it was 20 per person?

Your review is simply amazing! Loved every part of it :D

Can't wait for your next cruise!

Thank you so much! And you won't have to wait too long - we leave in 95 short days!!!! lol

Thanks so much for your review and pictures!

Just booked our first Disney cruise (Magic in May) and this was very helpful in learning what to expect.

You will LOVE it! And I think the Magic is just an amazing ship!

i gotta say.. i am a veteran cruiser in my ripe old age.. yet i breathlessly read ur post and watched ur video. I DO HAVE TO SAY i did cry a little bit watching ur videos. JEEZ im gonna be a mess on this cruse. my daughter celebrated 2 birthdays on previous non disney cruises. and my son celebrated one birthday on previous non disney cruises. I have visted st thomas/st. johns several times. St. thomas has a fab snorkling excursion, that wasnt offered at the time as an excursion.. it was so amazing that i referred this company to a few people on this board, as well as friends n co workers.. who loved them .. its a party non stop .. the minute u board.. until its done. u snorkel with sea turtles that are as big freezer chest.. they pour pain killers of varying strength after your done snorkling. and i copied n pasted this from their website http://www.doubloon.com Doubloon bookings can be made on Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruise Line and Disney Cruise Line at their shore excursion desk. Our tour, Turtle Cove Sail & Snorkel, is approximately 3 to 3 1/2 hours in duration where we experience excellent snorkeling among beautiful coral formations, tropical reef fish and wild sea turtles.

although i now hit up st. johns.. and i plan to do so again. love st marteen, but since im european (just spent a couple months in poland) , i hit up the french side..

I do have a few questions. did i read a post correctly.. that kids CANNOT order from the adult menu.. in one of your posts? also, who did you contact to change the rotation of your dinner? i also want formal night to be in the restaurant (forgot which one) you requested. Which night is the best night to eat in the upcharge restaurant? and it was 20 per person?

On the Eastern, we did Palo on the night of the French menu - which was just a rotational menu. We booked through a travel agent and just asked that they request the rotation of PLA (Parrot Cay, Lumieres, Animators Palate.....) and it was accepted! Lumieres is the most formal of the three and it worked out perfectly that we were there for formal night, Parrot Cay for Pirate Night, and then Animators for Captains Gala (semi Formal).

And no, kids most certainly CAN order from the adult menu! Ally loved the cheese souffle and ordered TWO of those one night! I'm sure they have enough adults who order cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets (I think my sister would be one of these people! :rolleyes:) that they let older kids order whatever they want!

Thank you so much! And you won't have to wait too long - we leave in 95 short days!!!! lol

You will LOVE it! And I think the Magic is just an amazing ship!

On the Eastern, we did Palo on the night of the French menu - which was just a rotational menu. We booked through a travel agent and just asked that they request the rotation of PLA (Parrot Cay, Lumieres, Animators Palate.....) and it was accepted! Lumieres is the most formal of the three and it worked out perfectly that we were there for formal night, Parrot Cay for Pirate Night, and then Animators for Captains Gala (semi Formal).

And no, kids most certainly CAN order from the adult menu! Ally loved the cheese souffle and ordered TWO of those one night! I'm sure they have enough adults who order cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets (I think my sister would be one of these people! :rolleyes:) that they let older kids order whatever they want!

perfect. ill speak to my agent! as far as food is concerned, im european and my husband hispanic. our kids just don't get fed nuggets n such (other then school), as we prepare our traditional foods, as well as other international ffoods. I love cruising with the kids, because it lets us introduce them to certain foods, that we may prepare or order for them in "real life" (not in vacation mode). Or when we vacation in different countries, we eat what is traditionally eaten in that country. We were in jamaica for severaal days, and we ate may jerked items, many stews etc. My daughter n i flew to poland and england and flew on british airways. She loved drinking tea in real china on the plane (as opposed to styrophome cups), and didn't enjoy the indian cuisine (she n i don't enjoy indian food.. however my husband LOVES it and my 6 year old son INHALES it), but she ate it anyway, because this was offered to us (well there was a fish dish as well, but it was gone by the time it reached us). In poland, for couple months and we had mcdonalds once.. and american food once as well..

Sorry for going on and on.. but i remember kids menu on other cruise lines were limited. (hey i enjoy my burger n pizza.. as do my kids n everyone else im sure), but i like to have options for my kids.. and like them to try things they never had before.. if they choose a burger,, thats fine, order an interesting appitizer or dessert. it reminds me of a cruise when my daughter turned 3, we ordered the lamb with mint jelly. My 3 year old TORE IT UP! i had tears in my eyes. and everyday, there was a fresh fruit platter cut up just right as an appitizer for her.

TNK YOU FOR UR FEEDBACK!

perfect. ill speak to my agent! as far as food is concerned, im european and my husband hispanic. our kids just don't get fed nuggets n such (other then school), as we prepare our traditional foods, as well as other international ffoods. I love cruising with the kids, because it lets us introduce them to certain foods, that we may prepare or order for them in "real life" (not in vacation mode). Or when we vacation in different countries, we eat what is traditionally eaten in that country. We were in jamaica for severaal days, and we ate may jerked items, many stews etc. My daughter n i flew to poland and england and flew on british airways. She loved drinking tea in real china on the plane (as opposed to styrophome cups), and didn't enjoy the indian cuisine (she n i don't enjoy indian food.. however my husband LOVES it and my 6 year old son INHALES it), but she ate it anyway, because this was offered to us (well there was a fish dish as well, but it was gone by the time it reached us). In poland, for couple months and we had mcdonalds once.. and american food once as well..

Sorry for going on and on.. but i remember kids menu on other cruise lines were limited. (hey i enjoy my burger n pizza.. as do my kids n everyone else im sure), but i like to have options for my kids.. and like them to try things they never had before.. if they choose a burger,, thats fine, order an interesting appitizer or dessert. it reminds me of a cruise when my daughter turned 3, we ordered the lamb with mint jelly. My 3 year old TORE IT UP! i had tears in my eyes. and everyday, there was a fresh fruit platter cut up just right as an appitizer for her.

TNK YOU FOR UR FEEDBACK!

I completely agree with you! We prepared a new Christmas Eve menu this year with prime rib (cooked medium), yorkshire pudding, creamed brussels sprouts, and garlic mashed potatoes. My daughter is now a BIG fan of this whole meal and requests it every night! lol I don't mind her eating burgers and such but not all the time. I agree that she must try local cuisine in other countries..... I think it would be depriving her if we did NOT make her try these new things.....

Wow, just finished reading your trip report and I love it. Love all your photos and video clips and the way you write. We cruised Disney in 2000 and are booked out of NYC for July up to Canada. We have cruise RCI and while it was good - it is nothing compared to Disney. After reading your report I am more excited to cruise Disney again in July.

I'm going to have to look around for more reports by you - love the way you write.

Linda

Wow, just finished reading your trip report and I love it. Love all your photos and video clips and the way you write. We cruised Disney in 2000 and are booked out of NYC for July up to Canada. We have cruise RCI and while it was good - it is nothing compared to Disney. After reading your report I am more excited to cruise Disney again in July.

I'm going to have to look around for more reports by you - love the way you write.

Linda

Thank you so much! But you will have to wait until April for a new DCL trip report! Then our first RCI trip in 2013!!! And hopefully a little something here and there. In fact, DH almost booked a surprise 3 night RCI cruise over Christmas for us! It was our first "alone" Christmas since Ally was born and while it would have been nice, this was the best Christmas ever!!! So I'm glad he didn't do it..... We'll be able to snag that little short cruise soon enough!

Archived