Do you get upgraded more the more cruises you do?

blitznbobs

Or is it just random luck... Because we've just been upgraded again from an e level delux to a d level deluxe - well technically not an upgrade but an improvement in our eyes... And this has never happened to me before but this will be our 3rd cruise this year....

Any views?

Not even departed on my first P&O cruise and I have been upgraded from B deck forward to C deck midships. On my next bookings I have asked NOT to be upgraded as the location I chose looks really quiet.

We have been Goldies for a while with P&O

I dont think they care much - the best upgrade we've had was from an inside cabin to outside obstructed view on Ventura. No big deal!

They certainly do not "fawn" over loyal customers!

When we boarded Azura last year and went into the gold lounge we had to ask for a second drink! The waiters were very reluctant :(

Caryl

We have been Goldies for a while with P&O

I dont think they care much - the best upgrade we've had was from an inside cabin to outside obstructed view on Ventura. No big deal!

They certainly do not "fawn" over loyal customers!

When we boarded Azura last year and went into the gold lounge we had to ask for a second drink! The waiters were very reluctant :(

Caryl

We have had a couple of free upgrades and one paid for - a minimal sum. I don't think the fact we had done a lot of cruises had any bearing on the offers, since my Mum, who had only done one cruise, was also upgraded at the same time as us.

I think its down to luck... if there are spare cabins they will up grade you and sell off the inside ones then left at a knock down price. There fore if there are no spare cabins.. regardless of how many cruises you may have done you wont get upgraded.

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my OH are going on the x115 next month; about a month ago I emailed and asked if we could have an upgrade (doesn't hurt to try!) and they gave us one free of charge. We have gone from an inside cabin on A deck to an outside on D deck - pretty good! It's our first cruise with them, so it's not like we're particularly loyal customers as of yet.

Me and my OH are going on the x115 next month; about a month ago I emailed and asked if we could have an upgrade (doesn't hurt to try!) and they gave us one free of charge. We have gone from an inside cabin on A deck to an outside on D deck - pretty good! It's our first cruise with them, so it's not like we're particularly loyal customers as of yet.

Did you book directly with P&O or through an Agent? I think you were very lucky!! We'll have to do the same as I've just booked our first P&O cruise for next March when Azura repositions from the Caribbean to Europe.....

Did you book directly with P&O or through an Agent? I think you were very lucky!! We'll have to do the same as I've just booked our first P&O cruise for next March when Azura repositions from the Caribbean to Europe.....

We booked through Thomas Cook; I emailed them both and it was P&O themselves who emailed me back about the upgrade :)

We booked through Thomas Cook; I emailed them both and it was P&O themselves who emailed me back about the upgrade :)

It does'nt matter how many cruises you have been on to aquire an upgrade. It is the time of year, if you cruise outside the holidays and they struggle to fill the balconies then they will grant you an upgrade, The reason for this is because they have no problems selling the suites, insides or outsides, They upgrade you to either a balconey or a better balconey, then resell them, I have just recieved my upgrade for Nov 2011, YIPPEE. Kind Regards Mick

We have never had an upgrade until now and have been on quite a few cruises. We are going on a mini Christmas cruise to Amsterdam from Southampton and have been upgraded from an outside cabin to a balcony (IN DECEMBER!). Will have to make a point of sitting out there - whatever the weather is like in the English Channel!

We have never had an upgrade until now and have been on quite a few cruises. We are going on a mini Christmas cruise to Amsterdam from Southampton and have been upgraded from an outside cabin to a balcony (IN DECEMBER!). Will have to make a point of sitting out there - whatever the weather is like in the English Channel!

Funny :D

Don't forget your hat and scarf ;)

Archived