A Fantasy[tic] Cruise - review with pics

Cruise, J.D.

We are going on Valor in 4 weeks and taking our 5 and 4 y.o. daughters. So glad to hear your son enjoyed HMC. Did he do any Camp Carnival activities?

Awesome, I hope ya'll have a great cruise! Yes, our son did some Camp Carnival activities. He has been hit-or-miss with it in the past, but he did pretty good this cruise. I think we took him about four times to Camp Carnival and he had fun. He made some paper hats and a shirt and got some trinkets. He also got a cool Camp Carnival bag.

My wife did some shopping in Grand Turk and bought the obligatory t-shirts from Margaritaville (thanks for mine babe!). My parents walked down the beach further to the right and found some nice conch shells. I found this little hermit crab scurrying across the beach.

2011Cruise209.jpg

After playing in the beach shower for a bit . . .

2011Cruise198.jpg

we said our goodbyes to Grand Turk and made our way back to the ship.

2011Cruise225.jpg

Coming later . . . the final two sea days and a wrap up. Stay tuned!

I know I ask everybody who goes on the Fantasy this question. Did you get to see "Music Boardwalk"? They are a great cover band and also did the "Ticket to Ride" show.

Yes! They were great. We listened to them in the Cat's Lounge and on the Lido deck. We loved it when they made their appearance in the show.

Wow great finish to your pic. review! Thanx for all the hard work you put into it! Memories are coming back from your ports, I did the Destiny same ports last year & loved every min of it! I think they had to drag me off half moon cay, I had my feet in the sand & didnt wanna go:eek::o:D! Again great pics. & glad you guys had a great time! Thanx for the before cruise Charleston pics as well!

Wow great finish to your pic. review! Thanx for all the hard work you put into it! Memories are coming back from your ports, I did the Destiny same ports last year & loved every min of it! I think they had to drag me off half moon cay, I had my feet in the sand & didnt wanna go:eek::o:D! Again great pics. & glad you guys had a great time! Thanx for the before cruise Charleston pics as well!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I have one more installment to do. I know the feeling about HMC!

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. I have one more installment to do. I know the feeling about HMC!

Im on the edge of my seat at work(wait I should sit back on my seat, dont want any workers comp. issues:eek::D) cant wait for the finale!!! next time im taking a padlock & chains & im chaining myself to HMC :p;)!!!!!

Im on the edge of my seat at work(wait I should sit back on my seat, dont want any workers comp. issues:eek::D) cant wait for the finale!!! next time im taking a padlock & chains & im chaining myself to HMC :p;)!!!!!

We can pack you in a steamer trunk in Sept and leave you in HMC! ;)

We can pack you in a steamer trunk in Sept and leave you in HMC! ;)

Thats perfect with the steamer trunk I have a hurricane shelter I can burry myself in as well:eek:! I can eat when every ship comes in & have the cabana's all to myself each evening:D now thats life!

The first elegant night was fun. The lobster was good and so was the prime rib!

2011Cruise121.jpg

Our son is going through a "no picture" stage, so we had to promise to do a funny picture in order to get him to smile. :)

2011Cruise122.jpg

This was my parents' and brother's second cruise. Their first was last year with us on the Elation. I think they are hooked on cruising now!

2011Cruise124.jpg

Next up . . . Nassau!

Great review, thanks!! Beautiful family!:)

The shark snorkel was amazing and an adrenaline rush for sure! Those of us who went into the water went in one at a time and held onto a rope. We were told to minimize our movement. There were about nine reef sharks circling a chum cage beneath us.

sharks_8.jpg

After we got back in the boat, they brought the sharks to the surface. I highly recommend this snorkel tour!

sharks_3.jpg

sharks_12.jpg

One word of warning though: when you get back, the food and drink prices are pretty high at the dive shop and I don’t think there is anywhere else nearby to eat or get a drink.

You have my utmost respect, as you are very brave--the movie "Jaws" is one of my favorites, but I am deathly afraid of sharks (no pun intended)!!!:eek: Loving the review!:)

You have my utmost respect, as you are very brave--the movie "Jaws" is one of my favorites, but I am deathly afraid of sharks (no pun intended)!!!:eek: Loving the review!:)

We were all nervous! My mom and son stayed on the boat, as did other people on the excursion. The sharks were intimidating.

Loving your review! We are sailing this same ship/itinerary in two weeks and can not wait! You don't come across many reviews of this 7-day cruise on Fantasy.... Keep it coming! :)

You will have a great time! I think this ship/itinerary make an awesome combination. Of course, any itinerary that includes HMC is awesome!

You will have a great time! I think this ship/itinerary make an awesome combination. Of course, any itinerary that includes HMC is awesome!

This is our first time to HMC, we are booked in the Private Oasis cabana with a group from our roll call. We are so excited, the pictures I have seen are gorgeous and I am sure they do not do it justice. :)

We did it on our own through Stuart's Cove. You can go to their website and look around. They are a reputable company. Good luck!

I just watched "Best of Bahamas-Top 10"...Stuart Cove Shark Snorkle was #10!....they showed a couple going out for the first time. Cool how they lower the chum box and the sharks show up!

on the TV they showed that you can feed the sharks from the boat (fish on a spear). Did they do that on your trip?

This is our first time to HMC, we are booked in the Private Oasis cabana with a group from our roll call. We are so excited, the pictures I have seen are gorgeous and I am sure they do not do it justice. :)

Wow, the Private Oasis looks really cool! You are right - the pics do not do it justice.

I just watched "Best of Bahamas-Top 10"...Stuart Cove Shark Snorkle was #10!....they showed a couple going out for the first time. Cool how they lower the chum box and the sharks show up!

on the TV they showed that you can feed the sharks from the boat (fish on a spear). Did they do that on your trip?

That is cool! No, we didn't feed the sharks. Just watching them was enough for me!

Archived