The Library on Eclipse

PeglegJ

Hi all, Does anyone know if there are any children's books in the library? My daughter is 8 but reads books for 10-11 year olds. Many thanks. PLJ

Backing up what cruisestitch has written, I would rate the ship library selection, variety and quality as fairly limited. As my picture shows below, the library looks very classy and extremely pretty. BUT, when you look on the shelves for specifics, it's a "poor cousin's pot luck", in my view. Many of the higher shelf levels of books, are just for show and not actual books for use and borrowing.

In defense of Celebrity, the books are just placed there and it is a pure "honor system". People can grab up whatever books they want without any recording of who took what, quantity limits, etc. As a results, some books don't get returned. Said another way, if they would buy and place too much "good stuff", it will not last long and/or ever get returned back there. Having been on a library board for 14 years, I understand the challenge and costs for having a "good collection". Don't expect much. Maybe you'll get lucky. It is nice looking, BUT!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 24,563 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2011, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 47,375 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Appreciate those who have “tuned in” for these two posts. Don’t be shy and feel free to comment and/or ask any questions of interest.

This is a view of the library area on the tenth floor that overlooked the central, open core area of the ship. Not a great book selection here, but it is a nice looking area with a quiet reading hideaway.:

SolsticeLibraryView.jpg

Archived