Port Canaveral LaQuita Inn (non beach)/toll question

airlink diva

I'm flying into Orlando for my cruise that Friday. Since my flight is arriving rather late and I won't make it to the hotel prior to 10 p.m., I got a room (via Hotwire) with the LaQuita (non beach location,but nearby) for $70.

Have anyone stayed here recently? Primary want a safe, clean place to stay.

Also I assume there are fast food resturants nearby, figure can grab a burger for the room.

Also, is it near any supermarkets or WalMart? Would like to get up early to buy soda and water before leaving for the port area.

Also, is there a certain way to drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral avoiding toll roads? I can purchase the option with the car rental or if someone can give me a ball park figure, I will have enough loose change for this. I prefer to avoid the toll roads if possible.

I'm flying into Orlando for my cruise that Friday. Since my flight is arriving rather late and I won't make it to the hotel prior to 10 p.m., I got a room (via Hotwire) with the LaQuita (non beach location,but nearby) for $70.

Have anyone stayed here recently? Primary want a safe, clean place to stay.

Also I assume there are fast food resturants nearby, figure can grab a burger for the room.

Also, is it near any supermarkets or WalMart? Would like to get up early to buy soda and water before leaving for the port area.

Also, is there a certain way to drive from Orlando to Port Canaveral avoiding toll roads? I can purchase the option with the car rental or if someone can give me a ball park figure, I will have enough loose change for this. I prefer to avoid the toll roads if possible.

theres no good way to go other than toll roads. I think the tolls come to about $3. just take rte 528 all the way to cape canaveral. if you get off at exit 45A and make a right theres a mcdonalds, a chinese place and a publix supermarket (not sure how late they are open) in the cocoa commons shopping center.

Follow the signs out of the airport to Cocoa Beach and SR-528 east; from the airport to the port / cocoa beach area you hit one toll of $1.50 .... just have 6 quarters handy. alto it is an attended booth and at that time there will not be a significant wait if you need change. the no toll routes will almost double your travel time and are not worth the effort.

I'm guessing you're at the LQ that's on A1A in Cocoa Beach south of 520. I'd just take 528 to the end and it dumps you onto A1A, continue to your hotel. Along the way on A1A you'll pass every fast food place you can think of as well as drug stores and groceries where you can pick up supplies .... and RonJon!

between the airport and the port you won't see much but don't panic ... there will be plenty on A1A as soon as you pass the port. airport to the beach is about 40 miles . . .

Archived