Sea Princess Late?

CruisinMinnie

We docked (and left from) Pier 35. About 11am on the day before Victoria it was announced by the captain that we had a failure one of our main engines, and it was anticipated we would be late three hours to Victoria (ending up being 4 hours). We noticed at that point that we were going pretty slowly. After leaving Victoria a little over an hour late (the Captain delayed departure), it was later announced that the problem had been fixed. We heard today that it was a electrical short in a conduit that cause the failure.

Just checking on the progress of the next cruise underway. I noticed late yesterday evening she was off Mendocino doing 18 kts. Now, 10:30pm PDT, she's south of Olympic National Park at 17.7 kts. Is she limping along on 3 engines again? And I believe she should be heading for the inside passage and further out to sea at this point, but she appears to be hugging the coast as if she would turn in to Victoria.

Or I could just be dead wrong...:confused:

Just checking on the progress of the next cruise underway. I noticed late yesterday evening she was off Mendocino doing 18 kts. Now, 10:30pm PDT, she's south of Olympic National Park at 17.7 kts. Is she limping along on 3 engines again? And I believe she should be heading for the inside passage and further out to sea at this point, but she appears to be hugging the coast as if she would turn in to Victoria.

Or I could just be dead wrong...:confused:

Yes, headed to Victoria. On some of the voyages from S.F., that is the first port of call. Due there at 12 noon local time.

Archived