Venice

gill556

I am going on The Voyager in September from Venice and one of the trips I want to do is to the Murano glass factory as I collect Pandora bracelets. Is it possible to buy the charms from there and if so what are the prices like?

I am going on The Voyager in September from Venice and one of the trips I want to do is to the Murano glass factory as I collect Pandora bracelets. Is it possible to buy the charms from there and if so what are the prices like?

I don't know where to find authentic Pandora charms at the factory but I do have the list of retail shops in Venice where you can buy them:

2) Pandora Bracelets Venice, Italy – Store#2:

Store Name: Gioielleria Franzò

Store Address: Via Zara 20 Mogliano Veneto (TV), 31021

3) Pandora Charms Venice, Italy – Store#3:

Store Name: Oreficeria Oro Roncato A snc

Store Address: Via Barche 2 Mirano (VE), 30035

4) Pandora Beads Venice, Italy – Store#4:

Store Name: Commerciale San Marco srl

Store Address: San Marco 138 Venezia (VE), 30124

5) Pandora Jewelry Bracelets Venice, Italy – Store#5:

Store Name: Nitta Gioielli s.r.l

Store Address: Via San Marco 1298 Venezia (VE), 30124

6) Pandora Jewelry charms Venice, Italy – Store#6:

Store Name: Oronovanta sas

Store Address: San Marco 229 Venezia (VE), 30124

7) Pandora Jewelry Beads Venice, Italy – Store#7:

Store Name: Roman sas di Leonardo Roman

Store Address: Piazza Mazzini 34 Jesolo Lido (VE), 30016

8 ) Pandora Charm Bracelets Venice, Italy – Store#8:

Store Name: Vianello G. e P. snc

Store Address: Piazza San Marco 67 Venezia, 30124

Take a look at this website, too, so you don't mistakenly buy imitation China glass instead of real Murano glass. http://www.muranoglass.com/

Thanks both, probably won't go on the trip then as I can see all the glass blowing etc. in Stourbridge when I go to UK but will definitely buy some charms from the stores

If you have time, by all means take the vaporetto to Murano and enjoy browsing all the shops that sell glass. You can combine it with a visit to Burano to see an interesting little town with multi-colored houses. Fascinating!

Please note that Murano is not a factory but an island with many glas-blowing AND selling outlets. There is not one glas-blowing factory on Murano that does not have a store selling their products.

And Murano is beautiful in it's own right and well woth a visit.

I don't understand why you'd be looking for a Danish product, which is manufactured in Thailand and sold just about anywhere in the world, in Venice?

I don't understand why you'd be looking for a Danish product, which is manufactured in Thailand and sold just about anywhere in the world, in Venice?

I'm sure some people set aside a little money to make the purchase of a favorite collectible while on vacation -- whether it is a local product or not. The Murano-style glass beads in the Pandora collection may be what is trying to locate -- purchases like that sometimes have representational or sentimental value associated with the occasion of the purchase moreso than the item itself.

And, after all, many people purchase Venetian products, manufactured in Venice but sold all over the internet, while they are visiting Venice. :)

When you walk through St. Marks Square, I was lucky; the Murano factory has a guy offering free personal water taxi to Murano. It was great...going through the middle of Venice taking great pictures with no obstructions and plus was able to see Murano...just know which quick water bus will take you back...either way slow or fast back...worth the trip and you can purchase to your hearts delight..

When you walk through St. Marks Square, I was lucky; the Murano factory has a guy offering free personal water taxi to Murano...

Just to clarify. There's no such thing as "the" Murano factory. Curious, I looked up a directory of Murano glass factories. Twenty-six separate factories are listed under the category of glass factories. Then, there are the following specialty categories: Glass furnaces (4), Glass Bead houses (3), glass chandeliers and lighting (2), and mirrors (1). In fact, there may be considerably more factories. The requirement to be listed on this web site was both an online presence and a brick and mortar presence on the island.

For those who have read CITY OF FALLING ANGELS, both Seguso sons' factories are listed: Seguso Gianni and Seguso Vetri. Archimede's designs are now being fabricated by Formia, also listed.

Many Murano factories offer the same opportunity. Of course, the expectation is that you will buy at the factory providing your transportation.

Folks wishing to go on one of these free water taxi trips to Murano can make arrangements with their hotel.

Just to clarify. There's no such thing as "the" Murano factory. Curious, I looked up a directory of Murano glass factories. Twenty-six separate factories are listed under the category of glass factories. Then, there are the following specialty categories: Glass furnaces (4), Glass Bead houses (3), glass chandeliers and lighting (2), and mirrors (1). In fact, there may be considerably more factories. The requirement to be listed on this web site was both an online presence and a brick and mortar presence on the island.

For those who have read CITY OF FALLING ANGELS, both Seguso sons' factories are listed: Seguso Gianni and Seguso Vetri. Archimede's designs are now being fabricated by Formia, also listed.

Many Murano factories offer the same opportunity. Of course, the expectation is that you will buy at the factory providing your transportation.

Folks wishing to go on one of these free water taxi trips to Murano can make arrangements with their hotel.

Let me clarify...I went to Murano where there they make Murano glass.....we were actually planning to take a water bus which we had 3 day pass but elected to go free and decided what and if we bought.... trust me if I had known they would have picked me up from Pappadopoli I would've loved that too...

Archived