Flights to Barbados

Cosmic Rays

Just booked a re positioning cruise from Barbados to Southampton next March on the Azura and my TA has managed to get us seats on the Thomson flight the day of departure.

When am I able to book seats on the aircraft and how do I do it please? What aircraft are used and was there plenty of legroom?

Thanks to those who answered my question on Thomas Cook OR Thomson!!

Don't forget to book your FREE P&O coach from Southampton back to your departure airport on your return if this is convenient for you.

Thomson normally use a 767.

Brian

Thanks Brian,

I am assured that my TA has the Eavesway coach back to Manchester booked!! A 767 with a 2-3-2 configuration should be fine even if the planes are showing their age........

Thanks Brian,

I am assured that my TA has the Eavesway coach back to Manchester booked!! A 767 with a 2-3-2 configuration should be fine even if the planes are showing their age........

Eavesway dont normally operate the repositioning coaches to the airports although they do operate their normal service elsewhere which you have to pay for. The Thomson 767 have 2-4-2 seating in economy but plenty legroom.

Brian

When we flew to Barbados on a P&O charter we could not pre-book seats. Neither could we upgrade as we booked late and all the upgraded seats were taken. The normal seats were allocated when we checked in.

There was plenty of leg room. The upgrades did get more film channels to chose from without paying and I presume they had a different meal. Cattle class was absolutely fine.

Pre booking seats on the P&O charters is quite a new thing, they do charge for this.

I seem to remeber that is cost us £25 each when we did it in Feb, although it may have changed for the new season. As well of ensuring you are not seperated another advantages of paying this is that you can arrive at the airport much later as your seats are booked.

Pre booking seats on the P&O charters is quite a new thing, they do charge for this.

You already have a seat booked on the plane. If you want to book a specific seat then its £25 return.

Brian

You already have a seat booked on the plane. If you want to book a specific seat then its £25 return.

Brian

I'll wait for the on line "bunfight" then for a specific seat some 12 weeks before departure!!! This will be rather than be allocated a seat by the toilets - knowing our luck - at the airport at some ungodly hour three hours before departure!!!

Eavesway dont normally operate the repositioning coaches to the airports although they do operate their normal service elsewhere which you have to pay for. The Thomson 767 have 2-4-2 seating in economy but plenty legroom.

Brian

Most p&o flights to the Caribbean use ex First Choice aircraft " Thomson's now own First Choice" 767-300ER which are 2x3x2, only if an aircraft goes tech hat they may use a short haul config Thom 767 which are 2x4x2 but again but Thomsons long haul 767 300's are 2x3x3;)

Most p&o flights to the Caribbean use ex First Choice aircraft " Thomson's now own First Choice" 767-300ER which are 2x3x2, only if an aircraft goes tech hat they may use a short haul config Thom 767 which are 2x4x2 but again but Thomsons long haul 767 300's are 2x3x3;)

Both the P&O Thomson 767 flights I have been on from East Midlands have been 2-4-2.

Brian

Sorry I forgot to mention that cruise flight from Manchester and I think Gatwick predominately use the ex First Choice, smaller regionals do use the Thom 767.

Our flight from Gatwick is, unfortunately, with Thomas Cook with whom we have experienced a very uncomfortable 3-4-3 configuration each time. :mad:

Our flight from Gatwick is, unfortunately, with Thomas Cook with whom we have experienced a very uncomfortable 3-4-3 configuration each time. :mad:

If it is a Thomas Cook A330 airbus there are a small number of seats in 2's at the back of the plane in standard class where the configuration is 2-3-2. Some of these can be pre-booked for £25 per person per flight and you have to make reservations for both outward and return journeys. You'll probably have to book quickly as soon as seat reservations become available as they are likely to be in demand. We did this last November and thought that it was worth the extra cost.

All the best.

Damian

If it is a Thomas Cook A330 airbus there are a small number of seats in 2's at the back of the plane in standard class where the configuration is 2-3-2. Some of these can be pre-booked for £25 per person per flight and you have to make reservations for both outward and return journeys. You'll probably have to book quickly as soon as seat reservations become available as they are likely to be in demand. We did this last November and thought that it was worth the extra cost.

All the best.

Damian

Yes, we had a pair of the 2's at the back last time, which we had not booked in advance but simply asked for at Gatwick. However, these were the seats that were so very uncomfortable that the airline crew had to take apart and rebuild with extra padding! :mad: The advantage of these seats is that if you get the front pair behind the last row of the 3's, there is plenty of room at the side of the seat next to the window to put hand baggage or whatever you may wish to have readily available during the flight :)

Archived