Colourful coasts and kids at half term

Do you think that feb half term week would have a lot of children on board and is this likely to be a problem? I don't dislike children I have a 20month old grandson and love him to bits but wouldnt want to spend a week on a ship with him and I have always sailed in August and to be honest they have never been a problem. Perhaps I am answering my own question here and I quite like a few kiddies around but the thought of hundreds of them is another matter.

Do you think that feb half term week would have a lot of children on board and is this likely to be a problem? I don't dislike children I have a 20month old grandson and love him to bits but wouldnt want to spend a week on a ship with him and I have always sailed in August and to be honest they have never been a problem. Perhaps I am answering my own question here and I quite like a few kiddies around but the thought of hundreds of them is another matter.

We went on the same cruise over the Easter holidays and there weren't masses of children on board; we were on the Celebration though which is a slightly smaller ship. To be honest, I really can't remember seeing loads of children; there were certainly more on an August cruise we went on but even then they were no bother - I would think if you go in term time it might be worse as you are more likely to get more toddlers/pre-school children as it is cheaper for parents to travel with them at that time of year and they arent tied to school hols!

We did the colourful coasts cruise at the end of January hoping for a bit of winter warmth. There were just a handful of children, admittedly it wasn't half term. The weather was dreadful with heavy rain and winds. Having sailed through night and a whole day and another night, half an hour from Agadir the captain announced that it was too rough to dock and he turned round and headed for the Canaries. It was gale force 8. That was probably our most disappointing holiday - bad weather, missing Agadir (which we like having been a few times), feeling seasick for 2 days (for the 1st time ever), missing the captains cocktail party, and the food was not up to Thomsons usual standard. I was told subsequently by a member of the staff that whilst the cruise was undertaken by the Spirit, it was done on the Island Escapes budget. Next time we do a winter cruise it will be the Red Sea Magic again for the guaranteed good weather.

We did the Colourful Coasts on the Celebration in December three years ago - never again!! The crossing to Agadir was awful. We too missed the Captain's dinner as we felt so ill and when we eventually got there, we could not get off the ship as the hassling from taxi drivers on the dock was dreadful, all morning it went on. In the afternoon, we ventured off, just to have a while on dry land and walked along the harbour, but even then we had a taxi driver following us and hassling. We went to Agadir the next year for a holiday and it is very nice, so I would advise any one doing this trip to book a ship's excursion.

I don't understand why Thomsons persist in going to Morocco (unless it's to go out of the EU for taxfree advantages)and personally, I would never do this trip again, unless they got rid of Agadir and spent the whole week in the Canaries.

We went on the Celebration over New year a couple of years ago and we too battled our way through rough seas to Agadir and then couldn't get in, so it was all for nothing! My son was very seasick too! We gathered they didn't make it into Agadir very often.

Archived