Asst Maitre'D?

Bobed1927

It might or might not be the Asst. Maitre D' as different people, at different levels, might be greeting you at the dining room entrance. I would say that in most, but not all, cases the person greeting you at the entrance to traditional dining will likely be the Asst. Maitre d' or the Maitre d' himself. At the entrance to select dining there is additional staff who maintain the seating list, help assign tables and seat people. I don't know the position names of the staff who do this.

The Asst. maitre D' is a head waiter, the supervisor for a section of the dining room and your waiter's immediate boss. I can't remember for sure but there are something like 4 to 8 of these people covering the dining room. These are your go to person if you have any special dietary needs, any special requests or any issues with your wait staff. If you have an overall issue with the dining room, like needing a table change for any reason, you'll talk to someone at the management desk near the entrance to the dining room and it will likely be one of these people but might also be the Restuarant Manager (Maitre D').

It might or might not be the Asst. Maitre D' as different people, at different levels, might be greeting you at the dining room entrance. I would say that in most, but not all, cases the person greeting you at the entrance to traditional dining will likely be the Asst. Maitre d' or the Maitre d' himself. At the entrance to select dining there is additional staff who maintain the seating list, help assign tables and seat people. I don't know the position names of the staff who do this.

The Asst. maitre D' is a head waiter, the supervisor for a section of the dining room and your waiter's immediate boss. I can't remember for sure but there are something like 4 to 8 of these people covering the dining room. These are your go to person if you have any special dietary needs, any special requests or any issues with your wait staff. If you have an overall issue with the dining room, like needing a table change for any reason, you'll talk to someone at the management desk near the entrance to the dining room and it will likely be one of these people but might also be the Restuarant Manager (Maitre D').

The Restuarant Manager is in charge of all restaurants, not just the MDR. A Maitre D' is assigned to each diningroom. In the Specialty Resturants their tag might say: :Asst. Maitre D'.

Emeila (sp) is one of my favorite Hostess. She was on the Eclipse until the beginning of May and should now be on vacation. She greeted the guests as they entered the Select dining area.

In Blu on the Eclipse we were normally greeted by Igor who is the assistant maitre d and an absolute gem.

Igor was the Asst. Maitre D' in Blu on the Eclipse. They made some changes as contracts expired and he was transferred to the MDR where he was also an Asst. MaitreD'. Very friendly and efficient. Where did you see him?

Igor was the Asst. Maitre D' in Blu on the Eclipse. They made some changes as contracts expired and he was transferred to the MDR where he was also an Asst. MaitreD'. Very friendly and efficient. Where did you see him?

In Blu on the Eclipse Baltic cruise in May, great guy.

Archived