QE excursions

Ukulele girl

I have only just got round to looking at excursions to book the ones I want and there doesn't seem to be any available for where I want to go. (I know I'm late, 2nd August set off date). Will there be a chance to get the ones I want once on board? Any help or advice gratefully received.

I have only just got round to looking at excursions to book the ones I want and there doesn't seem to be any available for where I want to go. (I know I'm late, 2nd August set off date). Will there be a chance to get the ones I want once on board? Any help or advice gratefully received.

There is always a chance that you will be able to book the tours that you require once you get on board, there is no guarantee of course. You may also have the chance to team up with others in a similar position and arrange an independent trip at what will probably be a much less expensive cost.

Yes, you will be able to book your excursions on board but:

a) do it at the earliest possible opportunity, and

b) be aware that some tours may already be fully booked so you may not have as wide as choice as you would have had if you had booked earlier.

J

Yes - but I'd go to the tour office immediately. I'm booked on this voyage too and having looked at the logistics of getting to Rome from Civitavecchia decided to book the "Rome on your own" or whatever it is called excursion. It's basically just a coach to and from Rome which gives a you a full day for independent exploration.

I don't normally book Cunard's tours as I think they are rather expensive and my partner and I prefer to do our own thing but on this occasion thought we would rather have peace of mind than spend the whole day worrying if the train would break down or be delayed on the way back (not likely I know, but you never know!). We also felt that after a day spent in the inevitable sweltering heat of the city it would be nice to know we'd have the air conditioned comfort of the coach and a guaranteed seat to return to. Lots of people do travel independently to Rome by train so don't let that put you off if you were thinking of doing so - lots of advice about how to do it is available on this and other websites.

Hope you enjoy the trip!

Thank you all for the advice. I rang Cunard today and the delightful lady was able to book the 2 tours we wanted. She said thay usually get taken off the site 5 days before embarkation. All's well that ends well!

'I'm so excited' is beginning to run through my mind so had better start packing. I also got round to booking a taxi home for the end of the cruise. Sons are never around when you need them!

Archived