Costa Victoria Toiletries

jotabecu

In the Cruise Critic review of Costa Victoria it states that there are no bathroom toiletries provided in the cabins except in the suites, can anybody elaborate on this and confirm?

We are booked on it and want to make sure if there is anything else we need to bring.

Thanks

In the cabins (economy class), Costa supplies shower gel (sqeezy upside down bottle in the shower) and a small bar of soap for the wash basin (both will be replenished when empty or at your request).

You can ask your cabin steward for shampoo and conditioner, but all you get is the small one time bottle (also we've found it to be not very good).

We always take our own shampoo and conditioner (I say we because DW uses it and I carry it I don't need it for my few hairs that I have up top), but we don't take the original bottles but fill up in plastic bottles for the amount what we will use.

Jotabecu, can you do me a favour, as I see you are on the Victoria Dubai to Singapore - can you please leave the ship in one piece as we are on the next crusie after you.:D

Dubai to Singapore is a great trip, fascinating places.

Ron

PS. I see you have posted on the Costa Roll Call, but you have given the sate as 11th. May I think that should be 11th. April.

Thanks for the information, yes, I will leave in one piece and hopefully also the boat.

Yes, you are correct, sail date is 11 April, it was originally in May but later changed.

By the way, any suggestions for independent tour operators in any of the ports in question, Goa, Cochin, Phuket, Male.?

I am somewhat familiar with the area but not for independent tours.

T

The best indepenant tour operator we had on the whole tour was in Mumbai was www.mumbaimagic.com, contact Deepa Krishnan, excellent company.

Goa, you dock in the middle of an iron ore loading harbour, the only thing really to see are the beaches (great) or churches and temples. FOr Goa and Cochin contact Mumbai Magic.

Male, we took the tender boat ashore (not much to see or do there, try to find the Seagull Restaurant for the evening we had great food there), we walked past the tour touts to the other side of Male island and took a ferry to one of the out lying islands. It cost us a tenth of a Costa trip or a fifth from the tour touts on the tender landing stage.

Colombo, we took a ships tour to see the elephants, its a long way and we wanted to be sure of catching the ship.

Phuket, we first landed in Patong (great for those genuine Rolexs) and then overnight the ship moved to Phuket. Once you land (doesn't matter which town) there are a multitude of drivers looking for business. We haggled with a couple (we had consulted www.tripadvisor.com as to what we could expect to pay for the two days) and reached agreement with one to cover the two days, also agrre aprice to pay at the end of the first and second day. We told him what we wanted to see and do, that was elephant camp and a few other sights, we had tickets to the show in Phuket (booked on line at home).

Port Klang, nothing to do there except either stay onboard or take a ships tour to Kuala Lumpa, the time there is very tight,

Singapore, what a great city, very easy to get around (buses and MRT) but we also booked tours via www.rmgtours.com.sg.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions - just ask.

Ron

Archived